Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

3.237 Adding new tv-shows

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jocke69

3.237 Adding new tv-shows Empty
PostSubject: 3.237 Adding new tv-shows   3.237 Adding new tv-shows Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 11:38 am

1 Adding tv-shows with Check root for new tv shows works like a charm.
2 Then I hit TV Show selector and I see that MC chose the right one but the name dissapeere from the search field but i see the right banner.
3 When i go back to the Main browser for tv shows the newly added show is-sent there but after a restart of MC its there and now i only have to verify thats it is the right one.

It's a bit annoying to have to restart MC but its works Very Happy

//Joakim
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: 3.237 Adding new tv-shows   3.237 Adding new tv-shows Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 10:09 pm

Not 100% sure what you mean,

The TV show selector should not be needed now for most shows, as long as the folder name is correct. It is only there to search for a show that MC could not find a match for, or perhaps if the wrong show has been scraped.

As for the restart, it should not be needed, could you explain a little more clearly what is happening.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
jphoenix

PostSubject: Re: 3.237 Adding new tv-shows   3.237 Adding new tv-shows Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 1:33 am

Hey Billy, I'm getting something similar.

If I go to TV Shows, then folders, add a new show in the r/hand column, save changes, go back to main browser.
Now, hit 'TV Show Selector', and then 'Scrape with selected options' and after the scrape is complete, MC switched over the the 'Main Browser' tab, where the newly added show, doesn't appear.

Now, this is all done without switching away from MC, not closing or re-opening, kinda a step-by-step sequence.

If you close MC and re-open, the new tv show re-appears. Also, if you hit re-build tv shows, it re-appears. If you add the new folder and close MC, it works without a glitch also.

I've just been repeating the sequence using 'The Professionals' as a new show.

PS, also it doesn't matter if you have episodes in the folder or not.

I know this is a hit/miss glitch that'll be hard to pin-point, but just thought I'd clarify what I'd found.

One other thing.

If I have Windows Explorer open behind MC, and add a new tv show folder and hit save changes, MC disappears behind other open windows and the dialogue box 'changes saved' appears. clicking OK, and MC stays behind the other windows so you either have to 'ALT-TAB' or click it's button on the task bar to bring it back forwards.

Cheers, and it's still the greatest program for TV and Movies.

Rob
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: 3.237 Adding new tv-shows   3.237 Adding new tv-shows Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 12:41 pm

Managed to recreate this,

MC automatically scrapes the TV Shows now, and this issue occurs when a user attempts to add the show manually, at the same time as MC is automatically scraping it.

The next build disables the 'TV Show Selector' while the MC auto scraper is busy.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3.237 Adding new tv-shows   3.237 Adding new tv-shows Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3.237 Adding new tv-shows
Page 1 of 1