Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Actor thumbs

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
booman

Actor thumbs Empty
PostSubject: Actor thumbs   Actor thumbs Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 5:50 pm

Sorry to double thread.
I clicked on save actor thumbs and now my c drive has 99 folders full of actor jpegs. how does mc use this can, I move these somewhere else or will they be lost forever? thanks
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

Actor thumbs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Actor thumbs   Actor thumbs Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 6:46 pm

Smile

It seems you enabled save actor thumbs without setting a local path, hence putting them all in your C directory

Set the local path to a folder, eg "C:\Actors" and place those 99 folders in there.

To allow XBMC to see them you will need to set the XBMC path to that folder
If XBMC is on the same machine as MC then just enter C:\Actors
If XBMC is on another networked machine then make sure that the actors folder is shared with XBMC, and enter the network path to the folder.

This can be tricky to get right, which is why it is an advanced setting, it is much easier to leave this setting disabled, although browsing movies, and updating XBMC can take a little longer.

Once you have sorted it, you will probably need to rescrape your movies to fix the problem.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk

Actor thumbs
Page 1 of 1