Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Movies in Sets don't appear in XBMC Titles section ?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
chinadoll911

Movies in Sets don't appear in XBMC Titles section ? Empty
PostSubject: Movies in Sets don't appear in XBMC Titles section ?   Movies in Sets don't appear in XBMC Titles section ? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 3:19 am

I just added 3 movies into a set in MC and all seemed OK.
I went into XBMC, removed the movies, cleaned the DB, re-scanned for new content.

Then in XBMC I went into Library mode, selected Sets and then saw the Set name I had just created in MC, and clicking on the set showed the three movies I had stored in the set. So all was looking good.

Then, out of curiosity, I dropped out of Sets and went into Titles in XBMC and I could not find the 3 movies in the set listed there. Is that the expected behaviour?

If so, that's a pity as I would like the movies to remain selectable by browsing by title etc, but also visible within the Sets view too.

Any ideas?

Also, how can I control the order that the movies are shown within the set?
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: Movies in Sets don't appear in XBMC Titles section ?   Movies in Sets don't appear in XBMC Titles section ? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 1:53 pm

The movies are browseable via the main libray view, but only by the set name,
I have a set called 'Star Trek Collection' and this is listed in the main movie list.

To organise the sortorder of your sets just set the sort title, it's located next to the title in MC, and is by default the same as the title.
eg.
Title 'Star Trek: The Motion Picture'
Sort 'Star Trek 01'

Title 'Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan'
Sort 'Star Trek 02'

Title 'Star Trek: The Search for Spock'
Sort 'Star Trek 03'

While the title will be displayed, your movies are listed alpabetically according to what the sort title is. This sort method is also applied to the main library view.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
chinadoll911

PostSubject: Re: Movies in Sets don't appear in XBMC Titles section ?   Movies in Sets don't appear in XBMC Titles section ? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 2:20 pm

Thanks for the info. I must have had a 'senior moment' as you are 100% right... I had some movies called The blah blah, but had called the collection 'Collection: blah blah' so couldn't find the collection/set under the letter T when I was looking down the list... cough... ahem Smile

Thanks for the tips on the sort order too.

What I did notice is that there is no 'plot' info displayed when I scroll over the collection name in the list, so presumably there is a file somewhere (NFO?), for the Set? Having said that, I'm not sure what I would want to put as a description... do you think it's useful to put some text for the Set?
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: Movies in Sets don't appear in XBMC Titles section ?   Movies in Sets don't appear in XBMC Titles section ? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 4:12 pm

As far as I know there is no capability within XBMC to import an nfo for sets, although I do think it would be a good idea, along with a backdrop of some description.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
chinadoll911

PostSubject: Re: Movies in Sets don't appear in XBMC Titles section ?   Movies in Sets don't appear in XBMC Titles section ? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 4:27 pm

OK, thanks Billy -- one less thing to think about then Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movies in Sets don't appear in XBMC Titles section ?   Movies in Sets don't appear in XBMC Titles section ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Movies in Sets don't appear in XBMC Titles section ?
Page 1 of 1