Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Release Media Companion gen2 3.260

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

New Release Media Companion gen2 3.260 Empty
PostSubject: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.260   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.260 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 11:07 pm

Apologies for missing the usual Sunday release day, heavy winds had flattened our back garden fence so I had to spend a good part of the weekend replacing it. I also discovered it is not easy to concentrate with a belly full of chocolate egg Smile

Changes for new version 3.260

Fixes
  • Bugfix - An issue that caused TV Shows to be incorrectly identified has been fixed (eg 'Doctor Who (2005)' could be mistaken as 'Doctor Who')
  • Bugfix - Alternative titles were not being scraped from IMDB - scraper updated
  • Bugfix - The window layout settings were not being implemented whn MC loaded
  • Bugfix - A logic error was causing issues with multipart episodes when renaming, this should now work properly - the title of the first episode is used.
  • Bugfix - Drop down menu option to search for new episodes now does just that.
  • Bugfix - Mediainfo.dll returning 'V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC' for codec instead of 'h264'
  • Bugfix - The new mediainfo.dll broke MCs method of obtaining the <aspect>
  • Bugfix - Adding new movies when listing movies by 'Sort order' would cause an exception

Changes for this build.
  • The context menu for the main movie list has another menu item 'Rescrape Specific', this has a submenu which allows individual fields to be rescraped, the function rescrapes the selected field for selected movie(s).
  • Movie poster and backdrop on main browser page now have context menus that allow rescraping or downloading missing art. The poster menu allows downloading/rescraping from IMDB, IMPA, TMDB and MPDB.

Things to do over the next week.
There are a couple of things in particular I would like to achieve for the next build, firstly, I have noticed a strange behaviour for IMDB to occasionally not return a movie, even if a correct IMDB ID being obtained, it usually results in the movie being listed as 'Movietitle (0000)' with no details, but since the movie ID is correct a rescrape scrapes the correct details. I intend to see if I can make the IMDB a little more robust, perhaps requesting a page several times if neccesary.

I would like to rewrite the local actors feature to support XBMC's method of locating actor thumbs in a directory within the movie folder, I think that this would work for both folders that contain lots of movies and folders that contain a single movie, although there will be some duplication of thumbs using the latter, as it has been pointed out, these thumbs are very small and take up hardly any space.

I think it is almost time for me to move back to the TV Show and episode handling, which while sufficient, is really feature sparse when compared to that of movies, after the next build I intend to focus most of my time concentrating on tv shows, although I will continue to address bugs in the movie section.

It has been requested a number of times that I add additional (mostly foreign) scrapers to MC, while I will get around to this eventually - probably this year, I am more than willing to add 3rd party scraper librarys to the program.
If anyone wants to contribute in this way then please pm me.

Report bugs in the appropriate forum, or bump them if they remain unaddressed, I occasionally loose track of what I am supposed to be doing and my memory often needs jogging.

Download Version 3.260

Regards

Billy

Last edited by billyad2000 on Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.260   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.260 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 6:04 am

Thanks Billy, good work!

I really love the ability to rescrape certain movie tags, especially the runtime from IMDB. I was able to multi-select all my offline DVDs & add the relevant runtimes in no time flat!

Cheers
Back to top Go down
paybac
Media Companion Supporter
Media Companion Supporter
paybac

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.260   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.260 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 6:20 am

Thanks for the new build Billy.

@Stormy. How are you currently managing/setting up your offline dvd collection?
Back to top Go down
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.260   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.260 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 11:30 am

paybac, I thought I'd start a new thread under the "General Discussion" since I'm always after better ways to do things. I started with a bit of a run through what I do at the moment.

https://billyad2000.darkbb.com/general-discussion-f2/how-to-handle-offline-dvd-collections-ideas-welcome-t1091.htm

Cheers
Back to top Go down
skynetbbs
New User
New User

PostSubject: 3rd party scrapers   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.260 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 9:52 pm

[3rd party scrapers]
I'm currently using Yanfoe to replace the "plot" field by moviemeter.nl (dutch)
I don't know if it's easy to find out how it's implemented there to get it in your program?

[Show movies without poster]
* when fixing this due to a scrape issue; it goes back to "show all movies"... it takes quiet a while untill it can go back to movies without a poster

[Tvshows]
* If the TV part has an issue with one show...it won't show the episodes of another...
* also it can not go through a tv show folder which has subfolders (like Season1, Season2)
Back to top Go down
ingeon

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.260   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.260 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 10:38 am

billyad2000 wrote:
Apologies for missing the usual Sunday release day, heavy winds had flattened our back garden fence so I had to spend a good part of the weekend replacing it. I also discovered it is not easy to concentrate with a belly full of chocolate egg Smile

Things to do over the next week.

I would like to rewrite the local actors feature to support XBMC's method of locating actor thumbs in a directory within the movie folder, I think that this would work for both folders that contain lots of movies and folders that contain a single movie, although there will be some duplication of thumbs using the latter, as it has been pointed out, these thumbs are very small and take up hardly any space.

Regards

Billy

:-)

Looking forward to the .actor thumbs for movies and tvshows.
And TV show features like duplicates/missing(episodes/fanart/posters)etc. would indeed be nice.

Thanks for all the hard work and time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.260   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.260 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Release Media Companion gen2 3.260
Page 1 of 1