Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MC Command Line

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

MC Command Line Empty
PostSubject: MC Command Line   MC Command Line Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 1:42 am

As i've mentioned I have been looking at adding a useful command line method to Media Companion and have spent a several hours playing with this this evening.

In order to avoid the need for extensive rewriting of the application I have written a small console application that can perform the neccesary basic tasks. The program still needs to be located in the MC folder so that it has access to all the same libraries, preferences, and cache files.

The application is called 'mc_com' and at the moment is about 150kb, it's only single threaded and although it uses much the same routines as the main MC program the scraping appears to be considerably faster.

The command line functionality so far is
'mc_com -m -e -p profilename'
-m Scrape movies
-e Scrape episodes
-p with profile (profilename) if -p is not used then the default profile will be used.

eg
'mc_com -m -p Billys' will search for new movies using the folders and settings in the 'Billys' profile
'mc_com -m -e' will search and scrape new movies and episodes in the default profile.

'mc_com' or 'mc_com help'
will display the above info in the console.

Both methods update used cache files accordingly so they will be listed within MC when it is next run, and the console outputs progress.

I intend to make this available this weekend and I may have time to add some additional features, so if you have any ideas or thoughts then this is the thread to air them.

Last edited by billyad2000 on Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP

MC Command Line Empty
PostSubject: Re: MC Command Line   MC Command Line Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 4:42 am

The only other thing would be quite mode to display nothing & without the quite mode to display what movies/episodes have been successfully added.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
marked

MC Command Line Empty
PostSubject: Re: MC Command Line   MC Command Line Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 11:56 am

Quote :
The command line functionality so far is
'mc_com -m -e -p profilename'
-m Scrape movies
-e Scrape episodes
-p with profile (profilename) if -p is not used then the default profile will be used.

to be clear does this only scrape new movies/episodes?

-m scrape movies (everything)
-mp scrape movie poster
-mf scrape movie fanart
-mb scrape movie banner
-ma scrape movie actors
-mn scrape movie .nfo

similarly for episodes

-h <HTMLtemplate>or <HTML template Title> <path\filename>
<htmltemplate> is the html Template filename
<html template title> is the title that MC uses in the menu selection

as StormyKnight says, a log file, or a popup of what has been added on MC startup

Regards,
Mark
Back to top Go down
DrDDT

MC Command Line Empty
PostSubject: Re: MC Command Line   MC Command Line Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 3:27 pm

Please define exit codes, so the command line version can be used in batchfiles.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MC Command Line Empty
PostSubject: Re: MC Command Line   MC Command Line Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MC Command Line
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Media Companion :: Media Companion :: General Discussion-
Jump to: