Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

3.286 questions

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
feerlessleadr430

3.286 questions Empty
PostSubject: 3.286 questions   3.286 questions Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 8:35 pm

Hi Billy,

I love some of the features that you have added into this release, particularly the auto-rename and the screenshot ability.

Are these functions available within mc_com, or are they only available through the gui?

I have a script set up to auto scrape my tv episodes that are downloaded using sab, and i noticed that the episodes aren't being renamed.

If they are supposed to, I can post the output log of the scraper from sab.

Thanks for your hard work!!
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

3.286 questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3.286 questions   3.286 questions Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 1:02 am

The command line version does not have that capability yet,

Trouble shooting and bug fixing is far easier with the Windows Forms Application, i'll wait a couple of weeks to allow for bug reports and feedback, if everything is OK i'll then implement it into mc_com.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
transcender

3.286 questions Empty
PostSubject: tvshow   3.286 questions Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 6:02 am

Billy you are awesome. MC is amazing. I'm in awe it took so long to find this tool.
I noticed fanart browser wasnt working and sure enough I was on a few revs old.
However I did notice that tvshow locking doesn't appear to work any longer? If you select the LOCK button on a show it updates the NFO to <locked>1</locked>
And thus I dont think works anylonger to 'lock', I reverted to <locked>-1</locked> which appears to LOCK it?

Also I know XBMC forums say they will not put the playcount tag into the database they way it used to because of the implementation of Profiles. I managed to find a driver and script sql updates to a backup of my database to put back into XBMC from MC. Works great would be nice to perhaps have that function available directly in MC?
Much thanks again MC is terrific as is your dynamic support.
Back to top Go down
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP

3.286 questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3.286 questions   3.286 questions Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 9:18 am

G'day transcender,

Can you provide some more information of the driver & script please?

Cheers
Back to top Go down
transcender

3.286 questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3.286 questions   3.286 questions Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm

StormyKnight wrote:
G'day transcender,

Can you provide some more information of the driver & script please?

Cheers

Greetings StormyKnight;
I saw your post re a seperate SQL dbase and have to say intruiged.
With the advent of MC I am pretty stinky happy right now.
The last remaining thing was trying to discover way to retain 'watched' status anytime something bad happened with database or if you had multiple databases (likely from multiple machines)

I've long tried to connect into the database but never could find solid standalone applications or any drivers at all.
I found a driver here http://www.ch-werner.de/sqliteodbc/
I am ok at vbscript but am very novice to anything database related but I managed to connect to the dbase with vbscript and use the xml files generated by MC to update all the necessary rows in the table of the database and doesnt even require a reboot and poof all the watched statuses are updated.
I couldnt get a manual connection to work and had to make a system DSN but other than that it performs pretty quickly if I had to say so myself.
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

3.286 questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3.286 questions   3.286 questions Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 1:47 am

transcender wrote:
Billy you are awesome. MC is amazing. I'm in awe it took so long to find this tool.
However I did notice that tvshow locking doesn't appear to work any longer? If you select the LOCK button on a show it updates the NFO to <locked>1</locked>
And thus I dont think works anylonger to 'lock', I reverted to <locked>-1</locked> which appears to LOCK it?

When I added the auto tvshow scrape system I changed from the boolean locked state to an integer. This broke the old lock method.

I'm pretty sure rebuilding the TV cache fixes the problem.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
transcender

3.286 questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3.286 questions   3.286 questions Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 2:09 am

billyad2000 wrote:
transcender wrote:

When I added the auto tvshow scrape system I changed from the boolean locked state to an integer. This broke the old lock method.

I'm pretty sure rebuilding the TV cache fixes the problem.

Thanks for feedback Billy I thought I did that as I frequently use Reload Shows / Reload Show Cache. I used Notepad++ to update manually but I'll be sure to try if I encounter again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

3.286 questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3.286 questions   3.286 questions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3.286 questions
Page 1 of 1