Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Release Media Companion gen2 3.293

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Neobond
New User
New User

New Release Media Companion gen2 3.293 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: TV Show Error   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.293 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 12:45 am

Newest version gives me this error: System.ArgumentException: Illegal characters in path.

What could be this illegal character that is ending my scrape?

Code:

Starting Folder Scan

Subfolder added :- V:\TV Shows\Lost\Season 1
Subfolder added :- V:\TV Shows\Lost\Season 2
Subfolder added :- V:\TV Shows\Lost\Season 3
Subfolder added :- V:\TV Shows\Lost\Season 4
Subfolder added :- V:\TV Shows\Lost\Season 5
Subfolder added :- V:\TV Shows\Lost\Season 6
Subfolder added :- V:\TV Shows\Lost\Specials
0 New episodes found in directory:- V:\TV Shows\Lost
24 New episodes found in directory:- V:\TV Shows\Lost\Season 1

Error, exiting TV episode scraper
Error:-
System.ArgumentException: Illegal characters in path.
  at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission.HasIllegalCharacters(String[] str)
  at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission.AddPathList(FileIOPermissionAccess access, AccessControlActions control, String[] pathListOrig, Boolean checkForDuplicates, Boolean needFullPath, Boolean copyPathList)
  at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission..ctor(FileIOPermissionAccess access, String[] pathList, Boolean checkForDuplicates, Boolean needFullPath)
  at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.GetFiles(String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
  at Media_Companion.Form1.findnewepisodes(String path, String pattern)
  at Media_Companion.Form1.episodescraper(List`1 listofshowfolders, Boolean manual)
  at Media_Companion.Form1.bckgroundscanepisodes_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e, Boolean manual)
  at Media_Companion.Form1._Lambda$__2(Object a0, DoWorkEventArgs a1)
  at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
  at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)
Back to top Go down
skynetbbs
New User
New User

PostSubject: export posibilities   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.293 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 1:27 pm

It would be great if it could export to eg AMC
there one can use the content to export it to MySQL (sql, csv, ...) or to "print" selected according to a dvdbox template and so on
more info : http://www.antp.be/software/moviecatalog
regretfully AMC never had a "auto-scraper" functionality
Back to top Go down
fireberd350
Media Companion Supporter
Media Companion Supporter

PostSubject: A+   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.293 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 12:11 am

Great work! I've been using a stable Gen1 for a while now and haven't checked back since the original Gen2's which were too buggy for my blood. This release is solid though. Much improved all around. Great job !
Back to top Go down
shadeblack
New User
New User
shadeblack

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.293   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.293 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 6:22 am

I have a few suggestions if that's okay:
  • create the application to have a FIXED width instead of a varied percent-orientated one. this way the program won't have to struggle loading it's tables.
  • instead of the numerous amount of radio buttons for each sort filter, have one context menu to select them.
  • the ability to hide/show the fanart and posters (would improve load time?).
  • ability to manually add a new movie. (I have 600+ movies - it takes a long time for it to search through the haystack).
  • get rid of anything that makes this program want to be a media application in itself. it's best if it's just a database organiser.

A couple problems i have found with THIS build were:
  • when I went to add my TV show folders, i listed my root folders, added the sub-folder with the button, and pressed save. once it finished saving those folders, i tried to go back to the main browser, but the program locked up. I had to end the process tree and start again. In order to successfully add the folders, I had to use the save folders button two or three times.
  • When I did manage to add my TV show folders, it added each folder three times. I had to rebuild the show list to correct it. (no surprise there, but odd behaviour and worth reporting).

P.S - please don't take any of my 'suggestions' to heart - they are merely my own thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Jocke69

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.293   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.293 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 3:19 pm

shadeblack you can just drag and drop the movies to the list window to manually add the movie
Back to top Go down
wedd123

PostSubject: crystal necklace   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.293 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 9:33 am

hmmm i got an idea Billy, how back you take a step back relax, and just enjoy your new HTPC.

I'm sure i can say on behalf of everyone thanks for top work you have done on this app

Ok thats enough of a break.

How bout:

MSI and/or update wizard?

What about a check box to add dvd covers or bluray covers to your movie poster
Something like this. In particular i would use this to add dvd cases to just my offline movies so that when i'm looking for a movie on xbmc i can tell if it is one of my DVDs or not. If needed i can change the below image to reflect Bluray or more DVD like.
crystal necklace

crystal bracelet
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.293   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.293 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Release Media Companion gen2 3.293
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Media Companion :: Media Companion :: Announcements-
Jump to: