Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

can't conncect to the internet

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
punkjumper

can't conncect to the internet Empty
PostSubject: can't conncect to the internet   can't conncect to the internet Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 2:18 am

I can't get MC to connect to the internet. when I scrape a movie it won't connect and gives the can't display web page screen. Of course my internet is connected and no other programs having issues.
Back to top Go down
paybac
Media Companion Supporter
Media Companion Supporter
paybac

PostSubject: Re: can't conncect to the internet   can't conncect to the internet Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 3:05 am

Perhaps you need to give MC access through your firewall?
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: can't conncect to the internet   can't conncect to the internet Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 3:29 am

As Payback said, it could be that your OS firewall is blocking MC.

MC needs to access the internet via port 80 - I can't think of any other reason why this would occur.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
punkjumper

PostSubject: Re: can't conncect to the internet   can't conncect to the internet Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 5:37 am

ya I tried that, I disabled my firewall all together and still no luck. I just noticed that itunes can't connect either. obviously not a problem with MC....
Back to top Go down
punkjumper

PostSubject: Re: can't conncect to the internet   can't conncect to the internet Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 5:59 am

not sure why but I reset internet explorer settings to default and it fixed my issue with explore, itunes and MC. (I just realized that I had the issue with itunes as well) I never ever use IE. Not sure what happened, but that did the trick.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: can't conncect to the internet   can't conncect to the internet Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

can't conncect to the internet
Page 1 of 1