Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

filnaming and multilanguage files

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jan_g
New User
New User

filnaming and multilanguage files Empty
PostSubject: filnaming and multilanguage files   filnaming and multilanguage files Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 1:30 pm

short question here on filnaming and multilanguage files.

Is there any stnadard or imdb naming convention to mark a movie's title for a file with non-english audio, in order to make it instantly "recognizable" to the reader and to scrapers alike. I mean there are movienames that are equal in title for the english and the german, so i look for a way to "visualize" just that? Like with a "[DE]" suffix or s.th. But everything i tried seems to get scraper requests confused in too many cases.

And while beeing at it, how would you guy's treat multilanguage movies? In the case i described above i kept the title naming in german, but it's a shame that by doing this i don't instantly see that there's also english audio on board.

I also tried to have the titles named "germanMovieTitle - englishMovieTitle (date).extension", but that really got a mess when scraping files Shocked
Back to top Go down
jan_g
New User
New User

filnaming and multilanguage files Empty
PostSubject: Re: filnaming and multilanguage files   filnaming and multilanguage files Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 1:24 pm

..hm...noone interested..

Well i still simply add another question, like today it crossed my mind, that maybe it would be a good idea to have MC ignore characters in between, let's say, square brackets, when scraping the title. Are there any characters i could use for that?

e.g.
somemovietitle (date) [whateverElse].ext

so that "whateerElse" would simply be ignored... ?
Back to top Go down

filnaming and multilanguage files
Page 1 of 1