Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Keep losing the download trailer button

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ranger rob

Keep losing the download trailer button Empty
PostSubject: Keep losing the download trailer button   Keep losing the download trailer button Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 4:12 pm

Not sure why, but I keep losing it. When I first scrape, it is there for most of the movies, but after I download one or two it disappears for the rest of the movies and I cant get it back. I like to have all of the trailers downloaded for my movies so this is important to me.

BTW, a button that would download all missing trailers would be nice. Even nicer would to have an option for them to be scraped with the initial load.
Back to top Go down
ranger rob

PostSubject: Re: Keep losing the download trailer button   Keep losing the download trailer button Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 9:46 pm

Any ideas on this problem?
Back to top Go down
ranger rob

PostSubject: Re: Keep losing the download trailer button   Keep losing the download trailer button Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 3:44 pm

No one else has this problem?
Back to top Go down
AnthonyB

PostSubject: Re: Keep losing the download trailer button   Keep losing the download trailer button Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 4:53 pm

There's a download trailer button in MC?
Back to top Go down
ranger rob

PostSubject: Re: Keep losing the download trailer button   Keep losing the download trailer button Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 10:19 pm

hehe. I guess I am not the only one who has lost it. Smile
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: Keep losing the download trailer button   Keep losing the download trailer button Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 12:40 am

Media Companion looks for a couple of things when a movie is selected.

If a local trailer exists then the button shows "Play Trailer"
A local trailer is named like the movie +-trailer.ext
eg
Moviefilename.avi
Moviefilename-trailer.flv

If a local trailer does not exist then MC checks the <trailer></trailer> tags within the nfo for a valid url, if one exists then the download button will be displayed.

It does seem that there is an issue with the change movie tab and the trailer link - looks like it is not saved and I will fix this for the next build.

For those who never see trailers, MC can only download a trailer from IMDB, and those parts of the world for which IMDB has trailers.
If you never see any trailer button using MC then have a look on the IMDB website, it may be that you live in a part of the world with no access to them.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
ranger rob

PostSubject: Re: Keep losing the download trailer button   Keep losing the download trailer button Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 6:40 pm

Yes, when I download a trailer it becomes a 'play trailer' button. But for example, if I had three movies that have a download trailer button and I download the first one, then the download button disappears for the other two and there is neither a download button or a play button there. I know there is a trailer for these movies on IMDB...I just can't download it with MC.

Also, is there a chance we can 'download all missing trailers' at some point?
Back to top Go down

Keep losing the download trailer button
Page 1 of 1