Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

v3.296 Batch scraping with *runtime* checked is removing the runtime.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
khaoohs

v3.296 Batch scraping with *runtime* checked is removing the runtime. Empty
PostSubject: v3.296 Batch scraping with *runtime* checked is removing the runtime.   v3.296 Batch scraping with *runtime* checked is removing the runtime. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 1:28 am

Hello,

I just ran the batch rescraper wizard with "runtime" and "rescrape media flags" checked. After scanning, all of the movies do not have their duration in the .nfo file. If i individually rescrape the movie, the duration will be fixed and included in the .nfo file.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
khaoohs

PostSubject: *update*   v3.296 Batch scraping with *runtime* checked is removing the runtime. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 1:51 am

OK. Well, instead of copying the new version of MC into my folder, i moved it into a new folder as a fresh install and ran it like that.

Batch rescraper with just runtime now gives me runtimes for my movies, but on some of them, the times are 4 or 5 digit numbers and individually rescraping that particular movie will fix the runtime.
Back to top Go down
khaoohs

PostSubject: update   v3.296 Batch scraping with *runtime* checked is removing the runtime. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 1:58 am

All the affected movies are all *.iso or *.img. So, is it trying to pull the runtime from the details of the file with batch rescraper, and it's using the IMDB info when i hit the rescrape button? Maybe some logic is needed to use the IMDB info when the file name ends in *.iso, or *img?
Back to top Go down
twojenkins
twojenkins

PostSubject: Re: v3.296 Batch scraping with *runtime* checked is removing the runtime.   v3.296 Batch scraping with *runtime* checked is removing the runtime. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 7:32 am

I have the same issue, and all of my movies are VOB format. I just did a batch rescrape to update the top 250 movies, and I lost all of my runtimes, and now I also have a bunch of movies in the top 250 that should not be there. All of the movies that should not be in the top 250 list that are showing up when filtered, have the tags formatted incorrectly as follows:
<top250>
</top250>

Where movies that are not supposed to be in the top 250 and are correctly not showing up when filtered are as follows:
<top250>0</top250>

All of my runtimes are as follows:
<runtime>
</runtime>

*Update* I just selected all of the movies and right clicked on the movies, selected rescrape specific -> runtime -> from IMDB and it fixed them all. So it looks like it is just the batch rescraper wizard that is causing the problem.
Back to top Go down
impdust
New User
New User

PostSubject: Runtime set to 000 min   v3.296 Batch scraping with *runtime* checked is removing the runtime. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 1:22 am

I think I've found what is causing Runtime to show as 000 when sorting by runtime. There's actually two problems.

The first problem is when the .NFO file only contains a number for the Runtime. "104" will cause it to show as "000 min", but "104 min" will cause it to show correctly.

Media Companion provides an option to "Save media runtime as numerical only" under General Preferences. This option should not be used if you plan to Sort by Runtime.

The second problem is when the Runtime pulled down from IMDB contains a Country identifier. For example if the scrapper pulls down "USA:84", Media Companion will show this as "000 min" when you sort by runtime. Media Companion needs to either learn how to handle the Country code, or learn how to strip it out before it saves the .NFO.

The immediate solution to fix all these is to change Media Companion to not save as numerical only, and then rescrape all your runtimes again. After that you'll need to manually edit the other NFO's to remove the country codes.

Hope this helps.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: v3.296 Batch scraping with *runtime* checked is removing the runtime.   v3.296 Batch scraping with *runtime* checked is removing the runtime. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

v3.296 Batch scraping with *runtime* checked is removing the runtime.
Page 1 of 1