Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Episode renamer feature request

Go down 
+4
StormyKnight
GiMLit
shadeblack
billyad2000
8 posters
AuthorMessage
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

Episode renamer feature request Empty
PostSubject: Episode renamer feature request   Episode renamer feature request Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 4:12 pm

One of the features that has been requested is a more powerful tv episode renamer.

I was just wondering what sort of support would be useful for people.

Is it just a case of adding a number of additional preferences, or adding a full featured customisable system such as that used by FileBot (http://filebot.sourceforge.net/naming.html)

Just looking for feedback as to what it is that people would most want in the rename feature.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
shadeblack
New User
New User
shadeblack

PostSubject: Re: Episode renamer feature request   Episode renamer feature request Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 6:54 pm

for me personally, the format of which the episodes are renamed is perfect. All i'd want from a batch renamer is the ability to rename files that haven't previously been renamed before.

here's an example of my tv show library at the moment.
one folder might be:
"tv show: > Season 1: > s01e01"
however, recently added files would have been fully renamed as they were scraped by MC.
"tv show: > Season 1: > s01e01 - Episode Title"

Although the first line would have a .nfo for library features and would display it's name and content, this would not work well for people using DLNA, file structure view in XBMC, or windows explorer. This isn't a problem if the file is renamed.

If it would be possible for MC to locate each file that didn't have a 'name' in it's filename, and then rename those to it's proper name. of course, that would mean MC would also have to locate it's counterpart .nfo and .tbn, and rename those as well. Tthe only way around this at the moment is to delete the respective counterpart files so that MC can re-scrape, and rename properly.

_________

Another option i suppose would be to have "Rename Show's Episodes" in the show's right click context menu, whereby MC would re-scrape the file names of every episode in that particular show, or perhaps a particular season.
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: Episode renamer feature request   Episode renamer feature request Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 1:53 am

No need to rescrape each episode.

Right click on a TV Show, Season, or Episode within the TV List of the main browser and select rename episode(s).

If you have selected a Show title then all episodes for that show will be renamed,

if you select a season then all episodes in that season will be renamed,

selecting an episode will rename that episode.

Files will be renamed according to your settings.
nfo and tbn files will also be renamed.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
GiMLit
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Episode renamer feature request   Episode renamer feature request Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 9:31 pm

billyad2000 wrote:

Right click on a TV Show, Season, or Episode within the TV List of the main browser and select rename episode(s).

If you have selected a Show title then all episodes for that show will be renamed,

Files will be renamed according to your settings.
nfo and tbn files will also be renamed.

1st let me say THANK YOU for such an awesome tool.
I installed Media Companion a couple weeks ago and have added in all my TV shows and Movies. Everything worked great and I was so pleased to see all the episodes renamed properly.
My problem /question comes from that. I have been adding the current episodes to keep the shows up to date and I have noticed the shows are not being renamed. I figured easy enough I will just manually select the seasons with improperly named (new additions) shows and it will rename everything properly.
I can't get it to work.
I have even deleted all my shows and rescanned them and still the new improperly named episodes still are not repaired.
I can't find any settings that I could have accidentally changed.
Any help is much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Episode renamer feature request   Episode renamer feature request Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 2:22 am

Perhaps the new files are somehow readonly or MC doesn't have the rights to change it? Perhaps you could start MC with administrator rights (right click run as.....administrator) & see if that helps.....

Have you changed users between when you loaded MC & now?

Lets us know the result & we can make further suggestions as to the issue.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
GiMLit
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Episode renamer feature request   Episode renamer feature request Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 4:33 am

I looked at all files to see if read only and they are not.
I tried run as Administrator even tho my profile is administrator and has all rights.
No other user profiles on this computer so no issue there.
I might just uninstall and reinstall and see what happens. I can do the renaming if necessary but I was really pleased when I added some new shows in and didn't have to go renaming all of them.
I have a fairly extensive collection with complete collections of 43 shows (5315 episodes) as well as and 1187 movies. If I don't have to maintain folders as I add Movies, Show and episodes that would be really cool.

I plan on 2 new media centers computers for Xmas and moving the current 3 Xbox units into the kids rooms I just love the versatility of this program it really kicks butt! It along with XMBC really makes it easy to have AWESOME organized collections.
I will let you know how the uninstall/reinstall goes and if my issue is resolved by doing so.

Thanks for the help/suggestions
Back to top Go down
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Episode renamer feature request   Episode renamer feature request Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 10:44 am

I would start by creating a new folder like c:\media companion & unrar 3.400 in there but keep your current install incase it can be used later if we find the issue....Smile

Make a new folder like c:\TV Shows
Make a folder in here for a TV show...

copy a few shows or create some dummy avi files (say an empty text document renamed to S01E01.avi for example)

Add the folder in MCs folders tab & set the enable 'auto episode rename' in the TV preferences tab.

Go back to the Main tab, your show(s) should now exist

Click the status button to confirm they have been scraped correctly

From the TV Shows menu choose 'Search for New Episodes'

The new episodes should be located & renamed appropriately..

If your using vista or Win7 it could be a issue with its file security, putting MC out of the user folders may resolve the issue...

Anyway let us know if that works or not.

When I have issues I like to go back to basics.....it could be an issue with the OS, a NAS unit or even TVDB itself.....

Cheers
Back to top Go down
angeoand

PostSubject: hello anyone    Episode renamer feature request Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 12:55 pm

I am in love with the article,it is so excellent~~
I love the style~~Hope author will get more attention~~
wholesale crystal jewelry bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
dabonetn
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Episode renamer feature request   Episode renamer feature request Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 7:07 pm

I've been using the following format for tv shows.

Showname - 01x01 - Showtitle

Anyway to get this style in the next version?

Thanks,
later,
dabone
Back to top Go down
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Episode renamer feature request   Episode renamer feature request Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 5:37 am

Maybe Smile
I would like to see a more flexible renaming function perhaps using tokens so that the end user can format the rename as they like.

At the moment we are working on a new release, so we aren't adding new features, however i will add a request i the issue tracker on the codeplex site, we will have a look at it in time.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Acheson63

PostSubject: Re: Episode renamer feature request   Episode renamer feature request Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 5:27 am

I've probably attended over 30 weddings over the years. Only at 1 - which specified "black tie" and the bride personally told me "everyone will be in gowns" - did I or any other wedding guest wear a full length gown. Go for the 1st dress, but have a sweater or shrug handy in case the ceremony is inside a church or temple so you can cover yourself up a little. Wear whatever dress makes you feel good. You can wear a long dress to a casual wedding. My aunt did that for her own sons wedding.
Prom Dresses Under 200,Prom Dresses 2011
Back to top Go down
tobiasschnell
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Episode renamer feature request   Episode renamer feature request Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 5:50 pm

This is correct.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Episode renamer feature request   Episode renamer feature request Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Episode renamer feature request
Page 1 of 1