Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

v 3.317 preferences GUI

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
patricklin
New User
New User

PostSubject: v 3.317 preferences GUI   Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:58 am

Hi Billy, thanks for the awesome product. I just recently got into it.

When I upgraded to the 317 version, the preferences GUI got all messed up. Below is a screenshot of what I mean.

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/713/60145370.png

The picture is of the TV preferences, but I get a similar looking GUI with the Movie Preferences and General Preferences. Is it something on my end I'm doing wrong?

I'm running Windows 7, 32-bit. Anyways, if anyone has any ideas on what went wrong with the upgrade please let me know. (I already tried re-downloading and running off of a fresh copy of MC.)

Thanks!

-Patrick
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: v 3.317 preferences GUI   Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:02 pm

Windows 7 & I think Vista set the screen resolution to 120dpi as opposed to XP which is defaulted to 96dpi. You can set your screen to 96dpi but all of your windows fonts will be about 20% smaller, possibly making them harder to read.

I found a link below that explains the issue & solutions. The best solution requires a fairly major programming change in MC to handle the different operating systems & as it turns out the different monitors as well.

Code:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd464660(VS.85).aspx

Cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AnthonyB

PostSubject: Re: v 3.317 preferences GUI   Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:58 am

Actually, I've found that the font sizing only changes on some of the machine I've installed Windows 7 on, e.g. my main 'home brew' PCs all installed with the setting at 'normal' (i.e. 100%) but my Lenovo W500 laptop defaulted to 125% which makes about 50% of the software dialogs look like crap.

Anyway, jump into Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display and change the setting back to 100% and more things aside from MC will look much better Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: v 3.317 preferences GUI   

Back to top Go down

v 3.317 preferences GUI
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Media Companion :: Media Companion :: Bug Discussion-
Jump to: