Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

TV Show Naming Order "The"

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
feerlessleadr430

TV Show Naming Order "The" Empty
PostSubject: TV Show Naming Order "The"   TV Show Naming Order "The" Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 6:12 am

I have been posting in the bug forum about MC not saving my tv show folders and part of the process that I did to diagnose the problem was to start from scratch with MC and delete all of my settings and everything and re-download the rar from the website.

I just noticed that all of my shows with "The" in the title are now all arranged so that the "The" is ignored. Basically it looks like Gates, The. Now I don't have a problem with this, however when I rename my tv shows, MC renames the series as Gates, The instead of The Gates.

I have a bunch of shows that have "The" in the title that were scrapped and renamed by MC (same version 3.317) and they are ordered in the program by not sorting the "The" token (so the big bang theory is with the B's and not the t's) but MC displayed the shows "The" in the beginning rather then at the end, which allowed MC to rename the shows likewise.

I have looked all through the settings and I cannot find anything relating to this, so if I missed that I apologize.

I also disabled the cache (which was the only way to solve my problem in the bug discussion forum) but I don't think that would be the culprit here.
Back to top Go down
feerlessleadr430

PostSubject: Re: TV Show Naming Order "The"   TV Show Naming Order "The" Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 1:13 am

any ideas?
Back to top Go down
feerlessleadr430

PostSubject: Re: TV Show Naming Order "The"   TV Show Naming Order "The" Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 5:02 am

Hey Billy, i see that you are back on the forums after your summer break...i was just wondering if you could offer any ideas
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: TV Show Naming Order "The"   TV Show Naming Order "The" Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 12:09 am

The idea was that people didn't want movies and show beginning with 'the' being grouped under 'T' alphabetically.

It should not have affected the renaming.

I will look into it.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
feerlessleadr430

PostSubject: Re: TV Show Naming Order "The"   TV Show Naming Order "The" Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 12:15 am

Yea, i remember the reasoning behind the implementation.

Thanks for looking into it :-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TV Show Naming Order "The"   TV Show Naming Order "The" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TV Show Naming Order "The"
Page 1 of 1