Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

thought I was going nuts

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
cherwilco
New User
New User

thought I was going nuts Empty
PostSubject: thought I was going nuts   thought I was going nuts Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 7:24 am

no matter what I tried I could not scrape new tv show info using the newer versions! I cant remember what version I was using before but I was able to use filenames like this chuck.112.avi to scrape episode info with and when I upgraded to the newer versions (using the latest now) I was not able to scrape tv show info....no one else seemed to have this trouble and I couldnt figure out why. at least I caught it but unfortunately I had already used xbmc media companion to scrape my entire library of tv shows (couple thousand files!) and I just finished deleting all the .nfo and .tbn files associated with all those files! if anyone else finds themself in a similar situation (update breaking their fav file naming convention with NO mention of this in the changelog) then I would recommend renaming your files with natbur's tv renamer found here:

http://renamer.natbur.com/

if you have your filenames already setup with something close to correct than it automatically scrapes www.thetvdb.com and puts the correct filename and episode name right in the file making media companions job that much easier! (it changes this: Chuck.112.avi into this: Chuck.S01E12.Chuck Versus the Undercover Lover.avi)

if anyone cares to try it here is an example of the mask I use to get the filenames right: "{TITLE}.S##E$$[, %%].{NAME}" <~~~just copy and past that without the quotes

I hope no one thinks I am complaining about my old file name convention being taken out. I dont really think I can express my gratitude well enough to encompass how much I love having all my tv shows lookin badass in xbmc and I just hope that others can gain something from that tv renamer prog I linked as its helped me out ALOT!
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: thought I was going nuts   thought I was going nuts Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 12:00 pm

I'm not sure what you mean here, the regex for TV Shows has not been changed since I added it.

TV Show suport was added in version 1.481
as it says on the main website for that version:-

Compatible naming would be any filename including S01E01 or s01e01 etc, or 1x1 or 1 x 1 (02x01 would be ok) etc where the first number would be the season and the second number, the episode.

There would be nothing stopping you from adding a regex for naming convention 112 to the regex.xml file
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
Forts

PostSubject: Re: thought I was going nuts   thought I was going nuts Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 12:49 am

Myself, I use the format \Chuck\Season 1\S01E12 - Chuck Versus the Undercover Lover.avi and it's always scraped just fine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: thought I was going nuts   thought I was going nuts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

thought I was going nuts
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Media Companion :: Media Companion :: XBMC Media Companion Help And Useage-
Jump to: