Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Release Media Companion gen2 3.400

Go down 
+19
hell_spawn27
theTechnician
MartinHJ
abraxas971
Acheson63
angeoand
ekohenfri
Grubsy
greybeard
dchoe
StormyKnight
coolmanlr
AnthonyB
Meez10
ranger rob
lupis42
GRiM69
MarkC
billyad2000
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP

New Release Media Companion gen2 3.400 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.400   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.400 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 7:25 am

Yep...

The status bar down the bottom will be over the lower text whilst its active. After that it will disappear.

You may have also another issue relating to Vista/Win7...

The screen dpi by default in XP was 96dpi. With larger resolution screens that was becoming too small to see so Vista & Win7 may change that setting from 96 to higher value. Unfortunately MC doesn't take this into account when it shows text so the text is too big & often overlaps etc...

You can try & set it back to 96 if you want just be aware that it will affect your whole system. Anything written for Vista or Win7 should adapt however without trouble.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Grubsy

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.400   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.400 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 10:31 am

StormyKnight wrote:
Yep...

The status bar down the bottom will be over the lower text whilst its active. After that it will disappear.

The screen dpi by default in XP was 96dpi. With larger resolution screens that was becoming too small to see so Vista & Win7 may change that setting from 96 to higher value. Unfortunately MC doesn't take this into account when it shows text so the text is too big & often overlaps etc...

You can try & set it back to 96 if you want just be aware that it will affect your whole system. Anything written for Vista or Win7 should adapt however without trouble.

Cheers

Ok about the status bar Smile

I actually have it set at the defaul 96dpi...

Got a lot of work done on my library last night. Looking good now. Got all 12,000+ epsidoes renamed and all shows scraped. Just working on scraping the episodes now

Is it possible to stop the word 'The' being placed at the end of the show name? i.e. The Simpsons instead of Simpsons, The. I would like this for movies also as that is how I have the folder names on my drives.
Back to top Go down
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.400   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.400 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 12:13 pm

Grubsy wrote:
Is it possible to stop the word 'The' being placed at the end of the show name? i.e. The Simpsons instead of Simpsons, The. I would like this for movies also as that is how I have the folder names on my drives.

Sorry no. This is a carry on from XBMC where it is actually optional.

You can re-edit the relevant nfo's if you like & then perform a rebuild so that MC re-reads the nfo's & creates the list in the order you would like.....

For movies you can change the sort order text so that they are sorted alphabetically as you desire.

Cheers

Back to top Go down
ekohenfri
New User
New User

PostSubject: Connection Setting   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.400 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 5:15 am

Its a great program, I can easily manage my movies by importing its nfo to XBMC.

But in my office there is proxy with authentication request., thus this program cannot connect to imdb.

The feature of connection setting for setting the proxy would be very helpful for me.

By the way thanks for the great program.

regards,
eko henfri
Back to top Go down
angeoand

PostSubject: hello    New Release Media Companion gen2 3.400 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 12:53 pm

alien alien alien @ @ @ @

I am in love with the article,it is so excellent~~
I love the style~~Hope author will get more attention~~
crystal jewelry sets
Back to top Go down
Acheson63

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.400   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.400 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 5:25 am

I always here that short girls should never wear ball gown dresses...But I've always invisioned myself wearing ball gown dress.... So does the rule apply to all short girls...or can a short girl pull one off with the right dress/shoes?
Prom Dresses Under 200,[B][URL=http://www.goodgoodschina.com/categories/clothing-apparel/prom-dresses/2011]
Back to top Go down
abraxas971
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.400   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.400 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 9:33 pm

I downloaded this version as the previous ones wouldn't scrape plot info for the movies.

This one does and I used it get all my movies edited properly.

The weird thing now is when scanning my movies in, XBMC will not list them in order by name.
Not ascending or descending nor in 4 different skins.

I take out the .nfo's and rescan and it lists them by name in order.

I've already ask this on XBMC forums with no concrete answer so I'm wondering why that is.
Back to top Go down
MartinHJ
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.400   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.400 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 10:22 am

StormyKnight wrote:
Yep...

Cheers

Do you have your status bar set to auto hide (ie it raises and lower automagically). I found disabling this so it is permanently visible solved the problem

Martin
Back to top Go down
theTechnician
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.400   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.400 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 2:12 pm

My movies are still not scraping correctly Sad

I updated from 3.14 (I think) as yesterday the scraping stopped working for any new movies. After updating the movies still don't scrape correctly.
New movies get the title, genre, cert, runtime, studio and actor ... nothing else. No fanart, poster, outline etc.
If I go to "Change Movie", the movie search on IMDB loads. I can then select the movie and click on "GO" to rescrape. This doesn't update anything, but does insert "scraper error" in some of the fields.

Any suggestions? I did a fresh update from the previous version, so all the cache was emptied.
Back to top Go down
hell_spawn27
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.400   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.400 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 8:09 am

Yep on 3.4000, I am getting scraper error for the following fields

Director
Credits
Outline - Empty
Plot - Empty
Tagline - Empty

Can it be possible that IMDB has made changes which are effecting this? Help appreciated !

Back to top Go down
IamChappy
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.400   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.400 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 8:24 pm

hell_spawn27 wrote:
Yep on 3.4000, I am getting scraper error for the following fields

Director
Credits
Outline - Empty
Plot - Empty
Tagline - Empty

Can it be possible that IMDB has made changes which are effecting this? Help appreciated !

I am getting the same thing as well. Windows 7 Pro 32 Bit version 3.4 for Media Companion. I really like this program, I hope it gets fixed soon?
Back to top Go down
VCDmonger
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.400   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.400 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 6:01 am

+1 here, except that I also seem to not be getting ratings.
Using 3.400 on Windows 7 x64.
Back to top Go down
otb
New User
New User

PostSubject: new website for downloads   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.400 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 10:01 pm

http://mediacompanion.codeplex.com

I had the same problems w/ 3.4 then upgraded to 3.4.1.5b.
Back to top Go down
angusc
New User
New User

PostSubject: How to correctly name multiple movie files ie CD1, CD2 etc......   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.400 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 7:33 pm

I just discovered Media |COmpanion and i love it....but i got a problem with split movies that i did not have before. now if i scan a folder with Blahblah CD1 and Blahblah CD2 in the one folder i end up with movie art and info for both files and thus a double entry in MC and XBMC.

I currently have MC set up to rename folder and files and i notice that when it has run that the CD1 file has been changed to moviename.avi but CD2 file has been changed to moviename.avi (CD2). Now when playing part 1 the movie just stops at the end of the file and does not start playing part 2.........

Final question, how tp stop MC from creating movie COLLECTION folders? now i have "The Jaws Collection" rather than just the only film that i have from this collection so i would like to keep it that way in the movie listings......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.400   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.400 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Release Media Companion gen2 3.400
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2