Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

General Questions

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Phasip
New User
New User

General Questions Empty
PostSubject: General Questions   General Questions Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 12:49 am

So I Tried this tool today and I have some questions.

First, Is there a way to remove all info-files it creates to start over?

Is there a way to make it choose another language as default for title? It's kind of annoying to get the swedish title for all movies.

Does it in any way know what movies probably are identified wrong and can I stop it from trying to identify movies that it gets no hits on imdb for (When I try to use "Change Movie" it gets no hits)?

If a movie is in multiple parts cd1, cd2 it seems like it creates two identical nfo files, can I stop this?

Can I flag movies with "Correct" or something so that I know that I manually have verified that they are right and not have to check them again?

How Do I delete a movie from the list?

When i choose "Change Movie" and have identify by folder names enabled it searches for "Parta%20partb" instead of "Parta partb", something wrong with spaces there?

I'm sorry if theese questions are common, I tried to search for some of them but I had so many questions so I gave up.

Thanks for your time!
Back to top Go down
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP

General Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Questions   General Questions Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 5:40 am

Hi Phasip, I can help with a few of these questions...

To delete all the nfo's, the easiest way is to use Windows Explorer to search for all file *.nfo in your video directories & then delete them from that search window.

To delete a movie from the MC list also delete (or move..out of the defined movies folder) the movie & nfo file & related thumbnails...

To update MC use the rebuild movies from the menu - this scans the set folder for nfo files & adds them that way - it doesn't look for video files in this process.

When you select change movie & you get no hits or the incorrect hits, you need to type in the IMDB search on that screen, the correct title of the movie & choose search. You then select that movie so its details are showing & then choose GO to select this movie & scrape it.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Phasip
New User
New User

General Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Questions   General Questions Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 12:50 pm

Thanks!

Also I figured to get english titles: use akas.imdb.com

I have files in folders that contain subtitles that are recognized as movies, I want the subtitlefolders there but I don't want it to try to identify a movie in there even if it contains a .rar file.

What I mean is that I want to blacklist folders with names like "subs","Sample" etc, is this possible?
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

General Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Questions   General Questions Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 11:28 pm

MC checks for rar files and assumes they are media, this is not the case when they are subtitle files.

In the general preferences tab you can set a minimum rar size for MC to see, eg, setting this to 50 will stop MC seeing rar files <50MB

Multiple condidtions to check for multi-part movies to ensure that such a movie only gets a single nfo file, these checks include filenames that contain cd2
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
Sponsored content

General Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Questions   General Questions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Questions
Page 1 of 1