Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

IMDB plot field changes etc

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
chinadoll911

IMDB plot field changes etc Empty
PostSubject: IMDB plot field changes etc   IMDB plot field changes etc Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 6:33 pm

Has anyone noticed that if you visit imdb.com that the plot field on their site seems to have become shortened 'recently', at least since I last visited that site a while back.

If it's true they reduced the amount of text shown for the plot recently, does this affect the amount of plot text that MC is also able to scrape? I.e. have their changes reduced the plot text length available when scraping with MC?

Are they trying to force paid subscriptions using this method, or is their another reason people can think of? Or am I just wrong?

Also, I noticed the site www.themoviedb.org recently. Is this a free competitor to imdb.com?
Which is best to scrape with?

Thanks and sorry for all the questions, but I thought someone here probably knows the answers so why not ask Smile

BTW, just wanted to say a big thanks to Billy for providing such a great program.
Back to top Go down
Johnson75

PostSubject: Re: IMDB plot field changes etc   IMDB plot field changes etc Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 5:40 am

If it's true they reduced the amount of text shown for the plot recently, does this affect the amount of plot text that MC is also able to scrape? I.e. have their changes reduced the plot text length available when scraping with MC?
2011 New Style Wedding Dresses

Back to top Go down
Acheson63

PostSubject: Wedding apparel variations - deciding on the perfect One   IMDB plot field changes etc Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 6:50 am

Choosing a wedding ceremony gown is probably among the most time consuming and tough things for any bride to do. There are so many styles to choose from that it may be fairly overwhelming. when you break it all down, there are basically five choices, the A-Line or Princess, Empire, Column, Ball Gown and Mermaid. A-Line or Princess Style This is actually a great gown that is appropriate for most entire body types. the way the gown is produced gives the impression of height and is decent for that bride who wishes to look taller. The minimize also aids to produce the bride look slimmer which is actually a bonus. The style means that there is actually a full skirt and also the entire gown is very versatile. It accentuates the very best bits of your entire body and hides the others!You can choose A Line Wedding Dresses,A Line Wedding Dresses,A Line Wedding Dresses from GoodGoodsChina.com. Empire This is actually a very decent gown once again for most entire body types but specially decent for individuals ladies using a scaled-down bust or individuals using a larger bust. this really is because the gown brings the concentrate of interest to close to the neckline. With some jewellery here, the impact is enhanced and also the neckline gets the centre of attention.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IMDB plot field changes etc   IMDB plot field changes etc Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IMDB plot field changes etc
Page 1 of 1