Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How do I delete movies from the database?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
weedenbc
New User
New User

How do I delete movies from the database? Empty
PostSubject: How do I delete movies from the database?   How do I delete movies from the database? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 9:00 pm

I must be missing something really simple, but I cannot figure out how to delete a movie from the database. There are several that I have deleted, but even removing their folder and all files from the hard drive does not remove them from the database.

Back to top Go down
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: How do I delete movies from the database?   How do I delete movies from the database? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 12:52 am

You need to perform a rebuild, this will rebuild the database from the existing nfo files effectively removing those that have now been deleted.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
chrisdk
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: How do I delete movies from the database?   How do I delete movies from the database? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 6:37 pm

I cannot delete things from the DB that I have deleted from my HDD either and it's driving me mad! Neither rebuild or reload removes them. I even tried manually deleting the info from the tvcache.xml, but the two shows I manually removed are back after a rebuild.

Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: How do I delete movies from the database?   How do I delete movies from the database? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 12:39 pm

When MC rebuilds it discards the current data completely. It then searches & locates any nfo files & rebuilds the database.

One thing to remember is that a nfo doesn't have to be under its own show to be found......
If a nfo was accidentally copied into another folder that is still in the search folders it will still be added, perhaps that is what has happened?
Also an nfo can be named S01E01 EpisodeName.nfo but contain the text of episode 5 from a different TVShow altogether.

The advantage of the rebuild option is that you can easily move say all the tvshows to a different folder not in the search tree & then rebuild quickly. Just add your shows back & rebuild until the error appears. Then you know which folder contains the problem.

Hope this helps..
Cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do I delete movies from the database?   How do I delete movies from the database? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do I delete movies from the database?
Page 1 of 1