Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Movie titles are not in English

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DaveT
New User
New User

Movie titles are not in English Empty
PostSubject: Movie titles are not in English   Movie titles are not in English Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 3:22 pm

Hi,

All my movies are in english and the file names etc are in english but whenever MC scans for movies it automatically shows the titles in german. I am assuming this is because I am in Germany. I have checked that the preferred IMDB mirror is set to www.imdb.com.

Can I somehow tell MC to always choose the main/english title of a movie??

Thanks,
Dave
Back to top Go down
purplegreendave

PostSubject: Re: Movie titles are not in English   Movie titles are not in English Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 4:08 pm

I don't know if this will work, but try using folder names for scraping and moving imdb uk second after imdb.com
Back to top Go down
DaveT
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Movie titles are not in English   Movie titles are not in English Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 4:22 pm

purplegreendave wrote:
I don't know if this will work, but try using folder names for scraping and moving imdb uk second after imdb.com

Thanks for your reply.

I am already using folder names and switching to uk.imdb.com didn't help either.

I did find another solution while reading through the imdb help section. If you access the site using akas.imdb.com you will always get the original title.
Back to top Go down
pete83n
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Movie titles are not in English   Movie titles are not in English Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 1:19 pm

Hello,

I have the same problem as described above. However I cannot modify the IMBD mirros under Movie Preferences. Ideally I would loce to remove imdb.de.

Does anyone knows you to change that setting?

Thanks and Best
Peter
Back to top Go down
hagen
New User
New User

PostSubject: I solved this yesterday   Movie titles are not in English Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 5:29 pm

This has to do with a change with IMDB.com
here: http://www.imdb.com/help/show_leaf?titlelanguagedisplay
To always display the original title (it may not be english) use akas.imdb.com instead of www.imdb.com

in "movie preferences" simply select "akas.imdb.com" as the imdb mirror and click "save changes"

No need to remove anything
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movie titles are not in English   Movie titles are not in English Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Movie titles are not in English
Page 1 of 1