Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

TV Suggestions

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Doughboy

TV Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: TV Suggestions   TV Suggestions Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 7:43 pm

I figured I put this here, not sure if it should go on the open source page but here goes. I actually not opposed to doing some of these things myself (and might) just never worked with other people on a team software project before. And please don't take offense I know it's a laundry list, but these things came up from using the program for a long time.

Here goes:

1) Custom shows should be easier to add. I don't think I'm alone but I have plenty of shows that are one-offs or shows that aren't in any database yet. For my own sanity I group the shows into custom series and put one-offs in other series where I think they belong. My screenshot below should show you what I did for my Christmas television specials. I also add a custom season to shows for my DVD rips, usually I add a Season 90 and add them there. I don't have the time to start ripping individual episodes and honestly aren't we being lazy enough already?

TV Suggestions Mc_cus10

It would also be better along these lines to have lock and unlocks not tied to any IMDB or TVDB code.

Also would it be possible for the program to pick up files and give them an nfo file if they are in the right naming format? Meaning if I rip a DVD and name the ISO in the "show - season-episode - title" format MC will recognize it as an episode and add an nfo to the file.

These things would make adding custom shows much easier to do.

2) It would be nice to change the way screenshots are handled. First having the controls on the first tab instead of another tab. Move the controls right under the screenshot when you click on an episode. Second it would be great to have a right click menu item to grab screenshots for a whole season/series at a time interval of my choosing. This would be a great time saver.

3) Some way of display meta-data and also a way of easily re-scraping the meta-data only. That is the media information (video/audio codec, frame size, etc.)

4) A better way to deal with Actors in the GUI. Not the most pressing thing but would be nice to have versus editing the nfo files.
Back to top Go down
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP

TV Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV Suggestions   TV Suggestions Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 1:49 am

My ideas only, I'm only 1 of several developers, you can nominate yourself as a developer & perhaps add a few of these options if your able. For major additions you can create a fork to see where it takes you & if it works out it can be merged with the main code.

1) Custom TV Shows - yes at the moment it is a bit clunky since MC assumes the show will exist & if it doesn't then you have to edit it outside of MC to fix it.
2) Screenshots - The concept of the tabs is to take the extra adjustment buttons & fields away from the the Main Browser Tab. It is to leave the browser as basically for viewing & the other tabs for changing... Early on before MC had tabs it was found that two much was on the main page to fit comfortably.... In saying that, there often is free space there so maybe a preference selection later down the track to show it there?
3) Metadata, Yes I would like MC to display this information & also some logos like on some of the XBMC skins to indicate HD, SD, mp3 etc....& the frame resolution so you can get a quick idea of the quality of a clip
4) Actors, again yes.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Doughboy

TV Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV Suggestions   TV Suggestions Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 7:50 am

I already got the source code and got to look over it briefly. I'll see what I can do.

Custom Shows - I do a lot of custom shows and I want to move my manual editing of nfo files over to the GUI.

Screenshots - Preferences for screen shots sounds like a great idea. The reason it came up was because I had to recently had to re-do an entire shows run (60+ episodes) of screenshots and you might not think it but clicking the tab, waiting and going back is time consuming in that situation. And plus I have a 24 inch widescreen moniter, so I got the room to have more buttons on the front.

I take it the actors thing has been asked a lot Laughing

Thanks for the feedback!
Back to top Go down
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP

TV Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV Suggestions   TV Suggestions Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 12:49 am

Yes I can see that doing more than 1 or 2 screenshots would be an issue.....

I think we can all agree we are going thru a consolidation phase at the moment, firstly with the current code & then with the missing features - there is quite a few things you can do with movies that you can't do with TV shows at the moment.

BTW there is TV Batch Wizard that has the option to create screenshot if none available for episodes.....

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TV Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV Suggestions   TV Suggestions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TV Suggestions
Page 1 of 1