Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Interest in news group integration...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ttrahan
New User
New User

Interest in news group integration... Empty
PostSubject: Interest in news group integration...   Interest in news group integration... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 9:00 am

I would like to gauge overall interest in integrating Media Companion with news groups to facilitate automatic downloading of tv episodes (for now). I am coding this for myself, but if many people want such a thing, I would be willing to polish it up and offer it up for merging. Basically, using a newz group indexer (nzb matrix) I am tieing into their api for integrated downloading of NZB's for shows missing from my library and also tieing into their RSS feed to automatically detect new episodes and downloading the corresponding NZB file for consumption by a news reader program (I use NewsBin). Almost done coding, I have the integrated download and automatic downloading of new shows working, am working on putting a filesystemwather on the news reader download folder and having it automajically move the file to it's correct dirrectly and trigger the search for new shows mechanisim.

Tim
Back to top Go down

Interest in news group integration...
Page 1 of 1