Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Question...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
l2e
New User
New User

Question... Empty
PostSubject: Question...   Question... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 5:59 am

I just found your gem today and I have one question (with a little background first).

I am moving from Vista MCE with My Movies plugin to XBMC with Media Companion. Also, I am moving from a media server (Windows Home Server) to a NAS (Thecus 5200BR PRO) so I am eliminating the server. So my question is does Media Companion need to be running all the time for me to access the movie database like My Movies plugin for Vista MCE? I hope not since I no longer have a server that will be running all the time (just a NAS).
Back to top Go down
flipped cracker
flipped cracker

Question... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question...   Question... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 9:42 am

nope, doesn't need to be running all the time. all it does is create nfo files for xbmc to read. once you've got the files created, you can close it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thetvdb.com
l2e
New User
New User

Question... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question...   Question... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 5:12 pm

That is fantastic!

One more question though. I scanned all my movies last night but realized it was doing a poor job of identifying my movies until I realized I did not have the Use Folder Names for IMDB Lookup option checked. So I checked the box and did a Scan for New Movies. However, it is still not identifying the movies. If I Change Movie, it goes out to IMDB and finds the correct movie. There seems to be a disconnect somewhere. Any clue?
Back to top Go down
l2e
New User
New User

Question... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question...   Question... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 6:04 pm

l2e wrote:
That is fantastic!

One more question though. I scanned all my movies last night but realized it was doing a poor job of identifying my movies until I realized I did not have the Use Folder Names for IMDB Lookup option checked. So I checked the box and did a Scan for New Movies. However, it is still not identifying the movies. If I Change Movie, it goes out to IMDB and finds the correct movie. There seems to be a disconnect somewhere. Any clue?

Nevermind. I had to delete the empty NFO files before it would work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Question... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question...   Question... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question...
Page 1 of 1