Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

international performance

Go down 
AuthorMessage
cerberus
VIP
VIP

international performance  Empty
PostSubject: international performance    international performance  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 3:49 pm

In April 2009, Hašek once again came out of retirement and signed a one-year contract with HC Moeller Pardubice, the club where he started his long career. In the 2009–10 season he led his team to win Czech league title. Hašek had three shutouts in the playoffs, one in the finals, while his Pardubice lost just one game in the playoffs before claiming 12 consecutive wins.[46] For the 2010-2011 hockey season, Hasek signed a one-year contract with HC Spartak Moscow.
[edit] International play
Hašek in goal for the Czech Republic during the gold medal game
Medal record
Competitor for Czech Republic
Men's ice hockey
Olympic Games
Gold 1998 Nagano Ice hockey
Bronze 2006 Turin Ice hockey
World Championships
Silver 1983 West Germany Ice hockey
Bronze 1987 Vienna Ice hockey
Bronze 1989 Stockholm Ice hockey
Bronze 1990 Berne / Fribourg Ice hockey
World Junior Championships
Silver 1982 Minnesota Ice hockey
Silver 1983 Leningrad Ice hockey
Silver 1985 Helsinki/Turku Ice hockey

Hašek's most memorable international performance came in the 1998 Winter Olympics, where he led the Czech national team to the gold medal. He allowed six goals in total, with only two of them coming in the medal round. Against Team Canada in the semifinals, Hašek stopped Theoren Fleury, Ray Bourque, Joe Nieuwendyk, Eric Lindros and Brendan Shanahan in a dramatic shootout win. He then shut out the Russian team 1–0 in the final game, stopping 20 shots. He was later announced as the best goaltender in the Olympics. After he won the gold, he was quoted as saying:[47]
“ "When the game ended, I just threw my stick. I was so happy. When I saw the flag go up, I saw my whole career flash before my eyes from the first time my parents took me to a game until now."

Tankless Hot Water Heater
buy twitter followers
Back to top Go down

international performance
Page 1 of 1