Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Animated Thumbs

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Vlatro

Animated Thumbs Empty
PostSubject: Animated Thumbs   Animated Thumbs Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 4:44 pm

Could Media Converter take every 5th frame from a scanned movie for the first 40 seconds, crop and scale it to an icon as a .gif or .apng?

I've done some experiments with a similar photoshop batch script and had great results.

Animated icons, or preview clips when hovered over the icon would be an awesome addition. It requires a little scripting to get apng working in xbmc, but gifs work fine.

Many skin creators have asked about similar functionality, but the xbox doesn't really have the raw power to do this (it would take forever) and the process is different on PC, Mac and Linux. A 3rd party app that could generate such content would be very helpful. Given the nature of this program, it seems a natural fit. Also, many movies simply don't exist on IMDB or other sources. This could create similar icons for them and keep the look consistent.
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

Animated Thumbs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animated Thumbs   Animated Thumbs Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 2:45 am

I wouldn't want to be creating something like this from scratch, if you are aware of some 3rd party dll that could rip the frames from the video then I would consider looking into it at some point in the future.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk

Animated Thumbs
Page 1 of 1