In the years following First Roumanian-American's initial purchase and renovation of the Rivington Street building, the congregation made a number of other structural alterations. These included:
1916–1917: Adding fire escapes on the east and west sides of the building.
1920s or later: Installing individual theatre-style seats in the gallery.
1938–1943: Removing the staircase to the fourth floor, leaving access only from the fire escapes.
1948–1950: Reconstructing the portico with some of the existing stone and brick, and adding new "fireproof steel stairs with terrazzo treads" and light-yellow and blue tinted glass windows on the east and west walls of the sanctuary, and other improvements.
1964: Adding a kitchen to the basement "for social purposes".