Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Scraping on an Xbox

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rusti

Scraping on an Xbox Empty
PostSubject: Scraping on an Xbox   Scraping on an Xbox Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 7:13 am

I just finished scraping all my movies and TV shows on my server (Vista PC) using Media Companion and then went to my Xbox to create the library.

I would have thought that the library setup would have been speedy as I have all the thumbs and nfos ready for XBMC (Atlantis with Mediastream).

It looks like the XBMC is downloading all the info onto its HDD from imdb anyway and ignoring all the work I have done on the server. Its taking about 1min per movie as it moves through my collection.

How can I tell the xbox to use the information on the server HDD's and not go to the internet for info?

/edit: My bad, I keep forgetting what a piece of crap the xbox hardware is. It just took ages to catalogue the files from the HDD. All good and the library looks sweet now.

Thanks for the great app mate!
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: Scraping on an Xbox   Scraping on an Xbox Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 12:15 pm

The only thing that is downloaded from the internet at the moment is actor thumbs.

At some point in the future, you will also be able to store these thumbs locally further increasing the speed of scraping.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
katz
Media Companion Supporter
Media Companion Supporter
katz

PostSubject: Re: Scraping on an Xbox   Scraping on an Xbox Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 3:23 am

is it possible to DISABLE actor thumbs in XBMC? to avoid this....
Back to top Go down
http://xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=39173
platus_mage
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Scraping on an Xbox   Scraping on an Xbox Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 10:35 pm

katz wrote:
is it possible to DISABLE actor thumbs in XBMC? to avoid this....

There is a setting in XBMC that you can uncheck to not automatically grab actor thumbs.

I believe by default it is not checked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scraping on an Xbox   Scraping on an Xbox Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scraping on an Xbox
Page 1 of 1