Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Next Major Release

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mnk6
New User
New User

Next Major Release Empty
PostSubject: Next Major Release   Next Major Release Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 9:33 pm

Any idea on when you might make the next major release with tv show editing features? I know you can't give an exact date. Would you say you are 10% complete with the code you want done before the major release? 50% 75% 90%?

Just curious and anxiously awaiting....
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

Next Major Release Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Major Release   Next Major Release Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 10:18 pm

I would say about 75% to the first release containing this support for TV Show and Episode editing.

The difficulty i've had with this is with the tvshow.nfo

I wanted to give the user the choice of Main Poster or Banner, Fanart, and The ability to select the art for each season of a given show. I also wanted to give users the option of scraping art from IMDB for those shows that are lacking on TVDB.
This is largely complete now, I just need time to go through it all and set up how it handles exceptions etc.

Once i've done this it's just a matter of coding the output of the edited nfo.

It is taking longer than I expected, mainly because of the need for bugfixes and me becoming distracted with other things. Add to that a wife and 2 young boys demanding my attention, aswell as a baby girl and a 50hr a week Job, and I just don't have the time I would like to put into this.

I can't make no promises, but I will try to spend the time needed to get a basic release of this out over the weekend.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
mnk6
New User
New User

Next Major Release Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Major Release   Next Major Release Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 10:42 pm

And I thought college and a fiancee kept me busy Smile

That sounds great. I sure wasn't rushing. Just curious. I'll have to say though, you are quite fast with bug fixes.

Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Next Major Release Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Major Release   Next Major Release Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Next Major Release
Page 1 of 1