Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

v2.085: Multi-part movies .tbn file misnamed?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
UofM_Matt
New User
New User

v2.085: Multi-part movies .tbn file misnamed? Empty
PostSubject: v2.085: Multi-part movies .tbn file misnamed?   v2.085: Multi-part movies .tbn file misnamed? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 12:34 am

I went through and re-scraped all my movies, and on my multipart movies, this is happening:

movie.cd1.avi
movie.cd2.avi

these are scraped and work fine.

However, then, movie.tbn is created, and thus isn't displayed in xbmc because movie.tbn doesn't equal movie.cd1.tbn. When I rename movie.tbn to movie.cd1.tbn it works fine in xbmc. Is this just me or a bug?

- Matt
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: v2.085: Multi-part movies .tbn file misnamed?   v2.085: Multi-part movies .tbn file misnamed? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 3:23 am

Not a bug as such, in the newest builds, XBMC has changed its recognition of thumbnails of multipart files to use the stack name just like fanart.

I'm not sure if it's in the latest T3CH but there should be a new build out soon.

If not you could always do yourself a build from the SVN
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
latropa64
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: v2.085: Multi-part movies .tbn file misnamed?   v2.085: Multi-part movies .tbn file misnamed? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 9:35 am

Shouldn't nfo's also follow the stacked name now?

I know when you export the database as separate files within xbmc, you will end up with this:

Movie Name-cd1.avi
Movie Name-cd2.avi
Movie Name.nfo
Movie Name.tbn

Media Companion won't recognize the "Movie Name.nfo" as belonging to the stacked movie and so when you scan it will create a 2nd new file "Movie Name-cd1.nfo".
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: v2.085: Multi-part movies .tbn file misnamed?   v2.085: Multi-part movies .tbn file misnamed? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 1:41 pm

latropa64 wrote:
Shouldn't nfo's also follow the stacked name now?

I know when you export the database as separate files within xbmc, you will end up with this:

Movie Name-cd1.avi
Movie Name-cd2.avi
Movie Name.nfo
Movie Name.tbn

Media Companion won't recognize the "Movie Name.nfo" as belonging to the stacked movie and so when you scan it will create a 2nd new file "Movie Name-cd1.nfo".

While Media Companion will go that way in time, the reason it hasn't yet is that I haven't implemented a system that identifies the media file associated with the nfo. At the moment, on startup Media Companion searches folders for .nfo files, if it finds an nfo file containing valid xml then it adds it. At a later time, if someone wants to play the media, or look at the media information or file details then it does a quick search replacing the .nfo with .avi, .mpg, .wmv, etc
By using the stack name for the .nfo this will break the media link with with the file
eg
"moviename cd1.nfo"
looks for
"moviename cd1.mediaextension"

but if this was stacked it would be
"moviename.nfo"
looks for
"moviename.mediaextension" instead of "moviename cd1.mediaextension"

This is high on my list of things to do, but until I change the method by which Media Companion links these files I will not add it.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
UofM_Matt
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: v2.085: Multi-part movies .tbn file misnamed?   v2.085: Multi-part movies .tbn file misnamed? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 1:31 pm

Thanks for the info, I was using the 8.10 point release and it wasn't working, though I compiled the SVN version as it's working great now.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: v2.085: Multi-part movies .tbn file misnamed?   v2.085: Multi-part movies .tbn file misnamed? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

v2.085: Multi-part movies .tbn file misnamed?
Page 1 of 1