Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Identify movies where movie name is not equal to folder name and rename function

Go down 
AuthorMessage
gmk2

Identify movies where movie name is not equal to  folder name and rename function Empty
PostSubject: Identify movies where movie name is not equal to folder name and rename function   Identify movies where movie name is not equal to  folder name and rename function Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 4:07 am

Furthering my quest to correct invalid scrapes, an addition to the find duplicate movies function would be a function to compare the movie name to the folder name and return those which do not match. The matching would need to allow for the use of . (full stops) between words and the use of movie year (for those that use it). This would be extremely useful, once your collection is inb the 1000's its not fun to manually walk through them checking for errors.

Potentially some errors returned will be due to the folder name not being correct. the next function that would be very useful would be a rename function which would rename the folder and all the movie elements within the folder to match the movie name - this would be really useful in cleaning up some of the extra "dvdip-I-Am_the-greatest-RuLZ!" stuff that seems to come with these things. I would only use this function on a single movie by movie basis however I can imagine some trusting souls might like a global "clean up all my file names and folder names" option..

Cheers,

gmk2
Back to top Go down

Identify movies where movie name is not equal to folder name and rename function
Page 1 of 1