Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rename TV Episodes during scan

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
snoxbox
New User
New User

Rename TV Episodes during scan Empty
PostSubject: Rename TV Episodes during scan   Rename TV Episodes during scan Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 8:47 am

As per this post on the xbmc forums http://xbmc.org/forum/showpost.php?p=225117&postcount=565

Have you thought about adding an option to rename TV Show episodes during a scan? Every now and then I use a an app like EpNamer to go through and rename all my episodes to something more legible. I would like to do it to every episode before I scan it using Media Companion, but it's too fiddly to do with each episode. As you are downloading all the info needed to rename the episode to a more legible name (i.e. Show Name, Episode Title), I think it would be a very handy feature if your app could rename as well. I.e.

Scan
Fringe.s01e03,repack,xor.blah.avi -- Scans, finds episode title 'The Ghost Network'.
Renames file to S01E03 - The Ghost Network.avi. Creates S01E01 - The Ghost Network.nfo (and .tbn)

Has this been mentioned before? Have you thought about adding it?
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

Rename TV Episodes during scan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rename TV Episodes during scan   Rename TV Episodes during scan Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 9:49 am

A way to rename movies is definately on my list of things to do, I suppose a natural progression from this would be to include TV Shows.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk

Rename TV Episodes during scan
Page 1 of 1