Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Video Library

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Inimical

Video Library Empty
PostSubject: Video Library   Video Library Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 9:19 pm

Not sure if this is a bug with Media Companion... But here's the issue.

When viewing my library it never shows the content that Media Companion generated.. It just shows the content that was automatically generated by XBMC when updating the files. The strange thing is when in folder view (not library) everything is as it should be, meaning all of the thumbs and movie details are the one's that were generated by MC.

I've tried to delete the source, then re-add the source, and then search again... But it still shows XBMC generated content, and not that of MC.

Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

Video Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Library   Video Library Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:12 pm

Have you tried deleting the video database. It sounds like your library is using old data.

Try renaming it or deleting it, then rescan. The correct information should now be in the library.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
Inimical

Video Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Library   Video Library Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 11:37 pm

You mean delete the config.xml file? I've tried that.

It seems the only way to update the library if an existing movie has been edited, is to completely remove the source and clean the library. Then re-add the source, and scan for new media (doesn't take very long).
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

Video Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Library   Video Library Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 1:55 am

Thats not what I meant.

In the user settings folder there will be a .db file, I think the default is called "xbmc/UserData/Database/MyVideos34.db" if you rename or delete this then a new db is created, this is the only way to be sure that the db is cleaned properly.
In addition you should delete the video thumbnail directories since thumbs contained within these folders will be used by default if available.

Once you have done this then run the scan on XBMC, the nfo's and tbn's will be picked up along with preferred fanart etc.
Back to top Go down
Inimical

Video Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Library   Video Library Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 6:38 am

Well, I actually tried searching for the XBMC thumbs directory before, as well as the DB that would store all of the information. I searched through every location within the XBMC folder, and there is no file with a .db extension. There are also no thumbs... So I'm at a loss as to where XBMC would store this information.

FYI, I'm using Vista Ultimate with Atlantis Beta 1 release.

I appreciate you helping me with this.
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

Video Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Library   Video Library Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 12:20 pm

I haven't used XBMC for windows so I can't be certain, however,

from a post on XBMC Forums

Look under c:\Users\%user name%\AppData\Roaming Profile and voila u find a XBMC folder.. there u have it.

This folder should contain what you are looking for.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Video Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Library   Video Library Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Video Library
Page 1 of 1