Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Detect movies still RARed and be intelligent about a year in filename

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
hastarin
Media Companion Supporter

Detect movies still RARed and be intelligent about a year in filename Empty
PostSubject: Detect movies still RARed and be intelligent about a year in filename   Detect movies still RARed and be intelligent about a year in filename Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 2:01 am

First up great app. I'll be sending a donation your way when I pull my finger out. Smile

1 - I'd love to see this able to detect movies even if they are in a RAR, given XBMC supports this format.

2 - I'd also love to see you use a regex to detect the year (including in folder names) and strip that from the search but then use it to filter the results.

Something like [19|20]\d{2} should do the trick as that should pick up any year from 1900 to 2099 without picking up 1080p.
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: Detect movies still RARed and be intelligent about a year in filename   Detect movies still RARed and be intelligent about a year in filename Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 2:28 am

1) I'll probably look into adding support for rar files eventually, it's not something i've had to do before but I dare say with a bit of work I'll be able to figure it out.

2) The last couple of unofficial releases support this, eg.

fun with dick and jane (2005).avi
or
fun with dick and jane (1977).avi

Both of the above will return the correct movie for the year.
[] can be used instead of ()

You can find a link to the very latest version in the Media Companion Announcements Forum.

billy
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
hastarin

PostSubject: Re: Detect movies still RARed and be intelligent about a year in filename   Detect movies still RARed and be intelligent about a year in filename Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 2:30 am

Great thanks. NOTE: They don't seem to support it for folder names atm just the folders?

PS It seems XMBC doesn't support having the movie in a RAR with the tbn/nfo outside from some brief/rough testing on Windows. If you had to insert the tbn/nfo in to the RAR it might be more trouble then it's worth.

I'm sure you know more about these bits and XBMC then I though. Smile

PPS Scanning any existing .nfo files for an IMDB Id tt\d{7} and using that for the scrape might be nifty too.
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: Detect movies still RARed and be intelligent about a year in filename   Detect movies still RARed and be intelligent about a year in filename Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 2:49 am

Hastarin wrote:
Great thanks. NOTE: They don't seem to support it for folder names atm just the folders?

PS It seems XMBC doesn't support having the movie in a RAR with the tbn/nfo outside from some brief/rough testing on Windows. If you had to insert the tbn/nfo in to the RAR it might be more trouble then it's worth.

I'm sure you know more about these bits and XBMC then I though. Smile

PPS Scanning any existing .nfo files for an IMDB Id tt\d{7} and using that for the scrape might be nifty too.

The year should be detected for folder names as well as files, Have you enabled use folder Names in preferences? Is the year inside brackets () or []?
Can you give me an example of a movie that doesn't work for you?

Scanning existing nfo's for IMDB ID is a good idea, i'll look into it.
Back to top Go down
hastarin

PostSubject: Re: Detect movies still RARed and be intelligent about a year in filename   Detect movies still RARed and be intelligent about a year in filename Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 3:14 am

I think I must have got confused with the previous version or something. I just tried a movie with [] and it worked.

I've just realised why you can't just match the year. Some movies might have the year in the title. Silly me.

Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: Detect movies still RARed and be intelligent about a year in filename   Detect movies still RARed and be intelligent about a year in filename Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 4:19 am

I'm glad you managed to work it out.

and thanks for the donation, it's very much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Ryld

PostSubject: Rar files   Detect movies still RARed and be intelligent about a year in filename Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 9:12 am

It is my understanding that rar files that are housed in 'store compression' work thusly - drop the first 86 bytes and read it as the file inside (which you can find out, as part of the header in the first 86 bytes of the .rar)

Which is how rarfs/xbmc play movies out of them so seamlessly - and why when they are not in store compression you get the annoying "Need to unpack big file, proceed?"

May help in your implementation, or maybe a quick rape port of rarfs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Detect movies still RARed and be intelligent about a year in filename   Detect movies still RARed and be intelligent about a year in filename Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Detect movies still RARed and be intelligent about a year in filename
Page 1 of 1