Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Work with live music shows

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jeremiah

Work with live music shows Empty
PostSubject: Work with live music shows   Work with live music shows Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 11:03 pm

Can media companion work with creating custom nfo files for live music shows (video) so that xbmc can use the custom banners and show info (ie setlists..etc)?
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: Work with live music shows   Work with live music shows Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 11:38 pm

At this time the program only supports movies and tv shows, I do expect to be adding support for music and music videos eventually
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
jeremiah

PostSubject: Re: Work with live music shows   Work with live music shows Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 11:45 pm

thanks, billyad2000.

So I couldn't use the companion and treat the ISO's I have of the shows and treat them like a movie and create custom nfos?

I am a n00b when it comes to xbmc and what it can and can't do. (have had xbmc up and running on xbox for almost 24 hours now)
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: Work with live music shows   Work with live music shows Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 1:50 am

I only meant it wouldn't work in that it could not scrape the information automatically.

If you were to use Media Companion to scan the folder(s) containg the ISO's it would then probably fail to find a match on IMDB and would create blank nfo's for you.
You would be able to edit these within Media Companion with custom information that related to the concert and even put a link to cover art for the DVD (Local or Internet), you could then scan these to XBMC the same as everything else.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
jeremiah

PostSubject: Re: Work with live music shows   Work with live music shows Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 2:34 am

Awesome. That's what I figured! Thanks for the clarification!

I will be downloading and playing with the app, so I am sure I will have some more questions.

Love the site, esp the fro. afro
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Work with live music shows   Work with live music shows Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Work with live music shows
Page 1 of 1