Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Error with 3 digit episode numbers

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ZBeeblebrox
New User
New User

Error with 3 digit episode numbers Empty
PostSubject: Error with 3 digit episode numbers   Error with 3 digit episode numbers Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 8:02 am

When scraping TV shows that have 3 digit episode numbers (such as The Colbert Report and The Daily Show), the app only recognizes the first two digits and returns info for the same 2 digit episode multiple times (eg. s13e121 returns as s13e12, as does e120, and 122). I'm using version 1.816, but just found the link to 1.818, so will try that to see if it was fixed in the newer build. Thanks for a great application!!!

edit: Just checked and 1.818 does the same
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: Error with 3 digit episode numbers   Error with 3 digit episode numbers Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 2:29 pm

I'm working on the TV Show editor at the moment, I should get that finished this weekend hopefully, after that i'll take a look at the tv show regex.

The problem is that there is so many possible naming conventions and I can't just implement them all because some regex's would cancel out others.
I plan to make it user configureable so people can add their own regex's.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
ZBeeblebrox
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Error with 3 digit episode numbers   Error with 3 digit episode numbers Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 6:13 am

Thanks for your reply. I really love this app and appreciate your hard work in coding it.

When you say "working on the TV Show Editor", does that include the Episode renaming function? I'd like to add my vote for that as a requested feature in Media Companion. I use a couple of other apps to do that task right now, but it would be great to one program to handle everything. Also, the user customizable regexp for episode naming is an excellent idea, and one which I wish to thank you for in advance. So........Thank you. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: Error with 3 digit episode numbers   Error with 3 digit episode numbers Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 1:03 pm

When I say TV Editor, i'm talking about the ability to edit tvshow.nfo and episode.nfo files, aswell as thumbnail selection.

The ability to automatically rename files will come, just not yet.
Back to top Go down
ZBeeblebrox
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Error with 3 digit episode numbers   Error with 3 digit episode numbers Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 5:34 am

Just a note to let ya know that the 3 digit episode problem still exists in 1.827. Even the editor (which I know is a work in progress) won't allow a 3 digit episode number to be entered manually.

Thanks for your awesome work on this program.
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: Error with 3 digit episode numbers   Error with 3 digit episode numbers Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 12:41 pm

As I said earlier, I will look at tv show regex once the TV Show editor is finished
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Error with 3 digit episode numbers   Error with 3 digit episode numbers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Error with 3 digit episode numbers
Page 1 of 1