- StormyKnight wrote:
- Just wondering if this in any way me be able to be used by MC to work out what episodes a show has so that it can indicate which shows we are missing.
You can do this with the tvdb api.
1) From a list of shows, I touch a 0 byte file within named <show>\<show>.s01e01.avi
2) Scrape with tvmetadatafinder to get .nfo files to get the tvdbid.
3) use the tvdb api with the tvdbid to get .xml file, and the episodes.xml. Parse the xml files to get all season, all episodes numbers and titles, all specials, (show\season 00\show.s00eXX.title.avi)
4) touch the files to create 0 byte files. ie . 24\season 01\24.s01e01.avi
5) use MC to get all the metadata.
essentially I end up with an offline setup with all the metadata but no avis.
There is nothing intrinsically different in MC parsing tvcache.xml and the episode xml to find the differences to create the "missing episode" list. MC could use this method and grey out all 0 byte files, marking them as missing. This would be different to an explicitly specified offline folder. MC could then offer an option of marking the missing episodes to a list somewhere, generating a torrent search <ahem> for all the legal downloads, or blocking the ability to play the next non-missing episodes until you've obtained the missing one...
I did most of this before coming across MC, which is very close to doing all the above in one go, but isn't quite there yet.