Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Feature Request: Generate thumbs for episodes that don't have them on TVDB

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ZBeeblebrox
New User
New User

Feature Request: Generate thumbs for episodes that don't have them on TVDB Empty
PostSubject: Feature Request: Generate thumbs for episodes that don't have them on TVDB   Feature Request: Generate thumbs for episodes that don't have them on TVDB Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 6:27 am

Title pretty much says it all. A lot of TV shows on TheTVDB don't have episode thumbs. I would say that the frame grab should be configurable to avoid getting the same thumb for every episode should it fall within the opening credits.

As an extension to this feature, possibly even the ability to upload those thumbs to TheTVDB (I don't know how impossible this would be, so I wouldn't consider it a must)

Thanks again for a great app. Looking forward to the next version.
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

Feature Request: Generate thumbs for episodes that don't have them on TVDB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feature Request: Generate thumbs for episodes that don't have them on TVDB   Feature Request: Generate thumbs for episodes that don't have them on TVDB Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 1:00 pm

I haven't got the coding skill to do this myself, I could maybe add the feature using ffmpeg. it has a command line options so it could be used for this purpose.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
ZBeeblebrox
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Feature Request: Generate thumbs for episodes that don't have them on TVDB   Feature Request: Generate thumbs for episodes that don't have them on TVDB Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 11:21 pm

That would be great. I've used ffmpeg with a command line I found on another forum to generate some thumbs, and think this functionality would be an excellent addition to Media Companion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Feature Request: Generate thumbs for episodes that don't have them on TVDB   Feature Request: Generate thumbs for episodes that don't have them on TVDB Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Feature Request: Generate thumbs for episodes that don't have them on TVDB
Page 1 of 1