Hmmm... I think we probably crossed up a little on the communication. My apologies. I'll try and describe in more detail what's actually going on.
Here's my directory structure. I essentially treat each disc from a two-disc set as a separate movie.
\\server\Movies\Pearl Harbor Disc 1 (contains raw files from Disc 1; IFO's, VOB's, etc.)
\\server\Movies\Pearl Harbor Disc 2 (contains raw files from Disc 2; IFO's, VOB's, etc.)
MC created an nfo file in each directory (as I was expecting). I used the MC edit feature to alter the titles to "Pearl Harbor Disc 1" and "Pearl Harbor Disc 2" respectively. MC seems to recognize the different nfo's just fine. However, none of my movies will play via MC, but that's a different issue and something I don't care about at this point.
When I scan my movie folders using XBMC (on XBox), it builds the library just fine for all but these dual-disc movies (I only have 3 or 4 of them). The XBMC library only shows the first disc of each two-disc set. When I try to play the one that is showing, nothing happens. No errors, no movie. All the other "single-disc" movies play just fine. I'm obviously doing something wrong. I wish I knew what it was.
By the way. Great work. This application is a huge improvement over the built in XBMC features. I had so many headaches that I stopped using the library function....until now. Thanks!