Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Small problem with Version 2.220

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
cobalt6d
cobalt6d

Small problem with Version 2.220 Empty
PostSubject: Small problem with Version 2.220   Small problem with Version 2.220 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 1:41 am

I name all my movies like spider-man 2 and Die hard 2 with ( II ) meaning 2 so XBMC on my Xbox does not make duplicate entries.

Spider-Man 2 keeps changing to "Spider-Man and His amazing Friends" (1981) after closing and reopening.
If I do a rescrape it changes back to Spider-Man 2 but after closing and reopening it changes back.

Also the Fan Art disappears.

Can you also mak II and III mean 2 and 3 when you scrape for new movies?

All movies that I do with II comes up wrong and I have to do (change movie in the editor) to fix it.
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

Small problem with Version 2.220 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Small problem with Version 2.220   Small problem with Version 2.220 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 1:33 pm

I have found a bug that is related to the movie title & year not been updated in the movielist and have fixed it for the next release. It will be uploaded within the next couple of hours.

The fanart disapearing is not related to MC. Check the filenames of the fanart, it is possible that there is a naming bug somewhere, but MC does nothing that would delete it.

To ensure scraper accuracy the use the year in the file/folder name, eg.

Spider-Man II (2004)
or
Die Hard II [1990]

This will do a search on IMDB for "Spider-Man II" and MC will look for top matches with the matching year, the vast majority of movie searches will return correct using this method, including those 2 movies.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk

Small problem with Version 2.220
Page 1 of 1