Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2.284 not displaying movies

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sidysm

2.284 not displaying movies Empty
PostSubject: 2.284 not displaying movies   2.284 not displaying movies Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 11:24 am

OK so downloaded 2.284 as was having issues launching prev version and now using seems great I must say. I backed up old movie data and used wizard to rescan all media info and uk mpaa tags perfectly across 1900 films and all seem to have updated perfectly so great work.

One odd thing was thoiugh on first launch of this version whilst all my tv shows appeared no movies were listed at all. I scanned for new media and it listed the 10 new movies in my library but still none of the previous set of movies. Went in and disabled media cache at startup and movies now all appear. Have since removed this option and all movies show again but wondered if others have had this?
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

2.284 not displaying movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2.284 not displaying movies   2.284 not displaying movies Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 1:07 am

The idea of the cache file was to speed up loading time, store the data from the movie and tv arrays directly to a single large xml file. While it does speed up loading time significantly I have so far been unable to iron out all the problems, hence the disable cache option.

I'll have another look at it over the next few days, but to be honest with you, it hardly seems worth it just to make the program start a bit quicker, if I can't get this working properly soon then i will just scrap it as a bad idea.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk

2.284 not displaying movies
Page 1 of 1