Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2.287 tbn and fanart named incorrectly

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rausch101

2.287 tbn and fanart named incorrectly Empty
PostSubject: 2.287 tbn and fanart named incorrectly   2.287 tbn and fanart named incorrectly Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 3:17 am

I've only noticed this happening with one movie.

The following movie

Guys and Dolls A.avi
Guys and Dolls B.avi

produces the following files

Guys and Dolls A.nfo
Guysnd Dolls.tbn
Guysnd Dolls-fanart.jpg

I'm assuming that's a bug.
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: 2.287 tbn and fanart named incorrectly   2.287 tbn and fanart named incorrectly Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 12:52 pm

This is not a bug that's how it is supposed to be, they will be picked up correctly by most versions of XBMC.

Some versions of XBMC do have issues with the tbn being stacked. You set the option to use unstacked filenames for either posters or fanart in the preferences/general tab. In the same way some versions of XBMC wont pickup fanart unless the stackname is used.

eg
Guysnd Dolls A.tbn - Works on all versions of xbmc
Guysnd Dolls A-fanart.jpg - Some versions of XBMC will not see this

Guysnd Dolls.tbn - Some versions of XBMC will not see this
Guysnd Dolls-fanart.jpg - Works on all versions of xbmc

I suppose the best method would be to use
Guysnd Dolls A.tbn
Guysnd Dolls-fanart.jpg

Most people don't like the mixture though.

Another popular option seems to be the method:
movie.nfo
movie.tbn
fanart.jpg
This obviously only works if each movie is in its own folder. You can set this up in the preferences/general
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
dbareis
dbareis

PostSubject: Re: 2.287 tbn and fanart named incorrectly   2.287 tbn and fanart named incorrectly Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 12:39 am

billyad2000 wrote:
Some versions of XBMC do have issues with the tbn being stacked. You set the option to use unstacked filenames for either posters or fanart in the preferences/general tab. In the same way some versions of XBMC wont pickup fanart unless the stackname is used.

OK, I'll prove my ignorance, I have no idea what "stacked" means but do know enough to realise its best I did, is this explained anywhere?

Thanks,
Dennis
Back to top Go down
http://dennisbareis.com
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: 2.287 tbn and fanart named incorrectly   2.287 tbn and fanart named incorrectly Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 2:40 am

Stacked is the term XBMC uses within the library and file browser to enable the stacking of multipart movies, eg.
The Dark Knight - CD1.avi
The Dark Knight - CD2.avi
With stacking enabled within XBMC the filebrowser and library would treat these as a single media item and only list 'The Dark Knight.avi'

The same would also apply to
The Dark Knight - A.avi
The Dark Knight - B.avi
The Dark Knight - part1.avi
The Dark Knight - part2.avi
etc

Then when selected XBMC would create a playlist of 2 parts, rather than having each part listed seperately and having to play each part seperately.

For some reason the XBMC team decided to apply this naming convention to fanart then to posters, and during a time period of several months various different versions worked with different formats for each but not both.

If you are using an up to date version of XBMC then it's not something you need to worry about.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2.287 tbn and fanart named incorrectly   2.287 tbn and fanart named incorrectly Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2.287 tbn and fanart named incorrectly
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Media Companion :: Media Companion :: Bug Discussion-
Jump to: