Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Problem scraping new movies added

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
nexxman
New User
New User

Problem scraping new movies added Empty
PostSubject: Problem scraping new movies added   Problem scraping new movies added Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 4:38 am

First off thanks for this great App!

I was able to scrape all my movies a week ago with no issues. Today I added 4 new movies today to the \\server1\Movies and no matter what I do it will not pick up the new movies. I finally removed the \\server1\Movies directory from the "Movies folders list" under preferences and added \\server1\movies\Underworld (2003). I did the same for the remaining movies. This was the only way I have been able to get MC to see the new movies i've added. There is clearly something wrong here, it worked perfectly fine with all my existing movies at the root folder.

note: All movies have their own folder with correct naming and I have selected "Use Folder Name" under preferences. i have also rebuilt the database quite a few times but no luck. Please help. thx.
Back to top Go down
dbareis
dbareis

PostSubject: Re: Problem scraping new movies added   Problem scraping new movies added Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 10:27 am

I'm not sure I fully understand your problem, however could the user you are using to connect to the share "\\server1\movies" perhaps not have permissions to read the directory? Anyway if you haven't already then check the security settings on the folder and subfolders and the share.
Back to top Go down
http://dennisbareis.com
nexxman
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Problem scraping new movies added   Problem scraping new movies added Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 4:17 pm

Permissions is definitely not the issue since nothing has changed. And I can read,write etc to that folder. Here is my current setup

\Movies (root folder)
---\300 (folder)
---\GoodFellas (folder)
---etc..

I've added the Movies folder to the Preferences > Folders > Movie Folders so that it is scanned for movies. This works fine. Now If I add a new movie \Underworld into the \Movies folder then click Media Search button that new movie will not be scrapped.

The only way the new movie is scrapped is if I add it to Preferences > Folders > Movie Folders by itself as shown below.

\Movies\Underworld
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: Problem scraping new movies added   Problem scraping new movies added Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 10:31 am

i'll check the recursive parse later today
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: Problem scraping new movies added   Problem scraping new movies added Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 4:30 pm

I've just checked this with my NAS path \\NAS\Public\Movies and it works as expected, including movies within subfolders.

You said you could scrape all your movies a week ago with no issues, whats changed since then?
Back to top Go down
nexxman
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Problem scraping new movies added   Problem scraping new movies added Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 6:21 pm

Billy, nothing has changed since. I've tried rebooting the NAS as well as my PC but no luck. Is there anyway to enable debug or log file to see what is going on?

At this point I would just like to reinstall MC from scratch. Would I just delete the MC folder and re-download it? Or is there anything in the registry that I need to delete to make sure all traces of MC is gone?

What I do notice is after running media search the output log displays the following. Any ideas?

Starting Folder Scan

-1 New Movies Found
Back to top Go down
glave
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Problem scraping new movies added   Problem scraping new movies added Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 3:01 am

I can confirm this issue has been happening to me as well. Sometimes removing the path from configuration and re-adding it works, sometimes it doesn't.

I currently have a network drive mapped to T. The structure is as follows:

T:\movies (root)
T:\movies\Aeon Flux (2005)
T:\movies\Aeon Flux (2005)\Aeon Flux.avi
T:\movies\Aladdin (1992)
T:\movies\Aladdin (1992)\Aladdin (1992).avi

I can provide a complete filename/foldername list if you'd like. This is just a temp directory and has 31 folders with about 50 files contained within.
Back to top Go down
glave
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Problem scraping new movies added   Problem scraping new movies added Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 3:07 am

Actually, I just found a directory that was causing the trouble. Well, at least I deleted that directory, and then did another search and it found everything immediately. I'm PM'ing my filelist to you so you can see what the offender was.
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: Problem scraping new movies added   Problem scraping new movies added Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 11:45 am

Thanks for the feedback, it helps a lot.

I'll have a look at the code tonight after I get home from work.
Back to top Go down
belmor
New User
New User

PostSubject: Same Issue Here   Problem scraping new movies added Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 7:57 am

I have the exact same issue. even if I add folder separately it won't find some movies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Problem scraping new movies added   Problem scraping new movies added Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Problem scraping new movies added
Page 1 of 1