Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2.287 - Missing TV episodes

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SirBC
New User
New User

2.287 - Missing TV episodes Empty
PostSubject: 2.287 - Missing TV episodes   2.287 - Missing TV episodes Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 9:58 pm

When I loaded this new version (I was using 2.141 which worked fine) it didn't see any of my TV shows. I rebuilt the shows (tried both adding the root folder and also adding them individually), and it sees them all, but it doesn't see any of the episodes. What I do see is a message that says, "The tvshow.nfo file is either missing or invalid, you will not be able to scrape new episodes for this show until one has been added, use the "Editor" button now to go to the TV Show scraper selection form".

So, I do that and scrape the show. However, it still doesn't find any episodes. There was an existing tvshow.nfo, so I tried deleting it and then rescraping the show but that didn't work either (it did not rebuild a tvshow.nfo).

Here is what the existing tvshow.nfo that MC didn't like looks like:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<tvshow xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <title>Agatha Christie's Marple</title>
  <rating>9.0</rating>
  <season>-1</season>
  <episode>0</episode>
  <displayseason>-1</displayseason>
  <displayepisode>-1</displayepisode>
  <episodeguideurl>http://www.thetvdb.com/api/1D62F2F90030C444/series/78895/all/en.zip</episodeguideurl>
  <plot>Geraldine McEwan stars in the latest TV adaption of Agatha Christie's Miss Marple. Following in the footsteps of Gracie Fields, Margaret Rutherford, Angela Lansbury, Helen Hayes and Joan Hickson, Geraldine McEwan plays the part of elderly amateur sleuth Jane Marple, who has an extraordinary knack of solving crimes. The series is based on the Miss Marple stories by Agatha Christie, who's novels have also been adapted for Agatha Christie's Poirot. The first four novels to be adapted for ITV are The Murder At The Vicarage  (1930),  The Body In The Library  (1942), A Murder Is Announced (1950) and  4:50 From Paddington  (1957). ITV will be adapting another four this year, and the other four next year. TV tie-in versions of the four novels are to be published on January 3rd, 2005. A documentary entitled Behind The Scenes: Agatha Christie's Marple was shown on ITV3 after the final episode of the first series. The documentary is available on the DVD release of</plot>
  <thumb />
  <mpaa />
  <watched />
  <id />
  <tvdbid>78895</tvdbid>
  <genre>Drama</genre>
  <premiered>2004-12-12</premiered>
  <studio>ITV</studio>
  <actor>
    <name>Geraldine McEwan</name>
    <role>Miss Jane Marple </role>
    <thumb>http://www.thetvdb.com/banners/actors/68527.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>
</tvshow>

I have 30 or so shows with 1,200 episodes but none of the episodes are showing up.

This is the log output:

Code:
Default TVDB Scraper Language is :- English
Default TVDB Scraper API Language Code is :- en
Default TVDB Scraper Episode Order Is Set At :- default
Overwrite Thumbnails Is :- False

Starting Scan For New TV Epsiodes

Actors to Be Scraped From TVDB
No new episodes found
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: 2.287 - Missing TV episodes   2.287 - Missing TV episodes Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 10:21 pm

I see what is causing MC to reject that tvshow.nfo file and i'll fix it tonight.

With regards to the episodes, what naming convention are you using for episodes, are the episodes all located in the same folder as the tvshow.nfo file or a subfolder in it.

Ideally, you could give me an example of the folder you are adding with the paths and filenames of the episodes eg:

Marple\tvshow.nfo
Marple\Season1\S01E01.avi
Marple\Season2\S02E01.avi
etc

Just to help me duplicate the error
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
SirBC
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: 2.287 - Missing TV episodes   2.287 - Missing TV episodes Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 4:26 am

I'll take a look at that tonight and get back to you.

- Dave
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2.287 - Missing TV episodes   2.287 - Missing TV episodes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2.287 - Missing TV episodes
Page 1 of 1