Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Logo for Media Companion

Go down 
+20
constructacon
coolmanlr
shadeblack
Envy
Louike
Kieters
damo
lucky
feksteen
dbareis
esra
paybac
hulk81
Pr.Sinister
LightShow
Ram2000
billyad2000
Vlatro
chrisdaniels
tvieson
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
tvieson
New User
New User

New Logo for Media Companion Empty
PostSubject: New Logo for Media Companion   New Logo for Media Companion Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 4:29 am

A new start means a new look. Played around a little bit and came up with the this

New Logo for Media Companion Mediac12
Back to top Go down
chrisdaniels
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: New Logo for Media Companion   New Logo for Media Companion Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 10:13 pm

Better to make it simple and trendy..
Quick 5 min job in photoshop..

New Logo for Media Companion Mc10
Back to top Go down
Vlatro

PostSubject: Re: New Logo for Media Companion   New Logo for Media Companion Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 8:09 pm

I like the idea of some type of branding or logo used with an icon, splash screen etc that is symbolic of the functionality of the program.

What we need is a image that symbolizes both the name of the program and the function. After a little thought about the phrase "Media Companion", I thought a dog fetching a newspaper. The dog representing "Companion" and the newspaper representing "Media". That also alludes to what the program does, it fetches information. After further thought, the newspaper may be a bit confusing, so I figured I'd change the newspaper to a film reel.

Below is a very crude rough draft. It's by no means usable in it's current state, but it's a start.
New Logo for Media Companion Mc111

The image is vector, so it can be scaled to any size. The edges need refinement, and more contrast in the colors used. It's just a conceptual sketch, but cropped, it will scale nicely for icons.

Any further thoughts, ideas, suggestions. If nothing else I want a detailed icon set for my self, so even if it's not officially implemented, I'll still post whatever I come up with for those who choose to use it.
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: New Logo for Media Companion   New Logo for Media Companion Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 9:31 pm

I am willing to consider a new logo for media companion, if people would like to post their ideas in this thread then go ahead. If something jumps out at me then I would be happy to use it.

@chrisdaniels, I really like your idea, perhaps you could expand upon it a bit, for webpages etc.

Any logo for Media Companion should consist of not only a large logo, but a small logo suitable for an icon.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
Ram2000
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: New Logo for Media Companion   New Logo for Media Companion Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 11:38 pm

Great Idea something I knocked up...

New Logo for Media Companion Media_10
Back to top Go down
LightShow
LightShow

PostSubject: Re: New Logo for Media Companion   New Logo for Media Companion Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 2:27 am

+1 on chrisdaniels's design
Back to top Go down
Pr.Sinister

PostSubject: Re: New Logo for Media Companion   New Logo for Media Companion Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 7:55 am

New Logo for Media Companion Media_11
Back to top Go down
hulk81
hulk81

PostSubject: Re: New Logo for Media Companion   New Logo for Media Companion Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 8:54 pm

Pr.Sinister wrote:
New Logo for Media Companion Media_11

Good effort from Pr.Sinister...maybe drop the CD/DVD from the background, but may fav so far!
Back to top Go down
paybac
Media Companion Supporter
Media Companion Supporter
paybac

PostSubject: my few attempts   New Logo for Media Companion Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 12:45 am

New Logo for Media Companion MC3
New Logo for Media Companion MC1
New Logo for Media Companion MC2

What u think?
Back to top Go down
Pr.Sinister

PostSubject: Re: New Logo for Media Companion   New Logo for Media Companion Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 1:32 am

paybac wrote:

New Logo for Media Companion MC1

I think this one is the best but crop the sides to make it more square instead of rectangular
and i think we have a winner.

It's nice, clean, simple.

-Pr.
Back to top Go down
esra

PostSubject: Re: New Logo for Media Companion   New Logo for Media Companion Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 3:32 am

I'd steer clear of putting things like IMDB in the images.
Back to top Go down
dbareis
dbareis

PostSubject: Re: New Logo for Media Companion   New Logo for Media Companion Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 4:01 am

Hi,

paybac wrote:
New Logo for Media Companion MC3
What u think?

I like it.
Dennis
Back to top Go down
http://dennisbareis.com
feksteen
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: New Logo for Media Companion   New Logo for Media Companion Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 9:35 pm

I like the film strip one.
Back to top Go down
lucky
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: New Logo for Media Companion   New Logo for Media Companion Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 4:35 pm

how about this nice and simple ?

New Logo for Media Companion 97517592.th
Back to top Go down
damo
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: New Logo for Media Companion   New Logo for Media Companion Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 7:44 am

Plain Version:
New Logo for Media Companion Mc-pla10

Decorated Version:
New Logo for Media Companion Mc-dec10

Full EPS/Illustrator and Photoshop source available on request.
Back to top Go down
Kieters
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: New Logo for Media Companion   New Logo for Media Companion Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 10:10 pm

damo wrote:
Plain Version:

Decorated Version:
New Logo for Media Companion Mc-dec10

Yours is the best. Simple yet modern.

The first imo is terrible, looks like a kids' mockup from the 90s! (no offense!)
Back to top Go down
damo
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: New Logo for Media Companion   New Logo for Media Companion Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 12:39 am

Thanks Kieters,

No offense taken! (the first one does look a bit too plain/boring)

I guess that's the difference between designing a logo and a splash screen - the logo should be simple but easily recognizable at different sizes - big and small, but also as an icon (16x16 -> 256x256px). It also has to be unique - which a lot of the other designs do much better than mine. It helps if there's a clever concept behind the logo too - Vlatro's rough draft of the dog with the film in it's mouth reinforces the name of the software with some humor, with lucky's "tv man" taking a similar approach.

Damo.
Back to top Go down
Vlatro

PostSubject: Re: New Logo for Media Companion   New Logo for Media Companion Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 10:33 pm

Okay, Damo's got the right idea here.

I modified it a bit for an icon since lot's of programs use a similar image. Nothing fancy at all here, and far from what I'd consider complete, but here's an rough draft of incorporating Damo's icon with the original. I run my resolution at 1920x1080, so it's not easy to get a feel for how things will look for XP users running 1024x768 or lower with the default 32x32 icon size. This is compatible, just don't know how it will look.

Preview:
New Logo for Media Companion Mc4256x256 or New Logo for Media Companion Mc5 64x64

Here's the file packed as a Windows compatible .ico for people to play with. Just right click the below link and "Save as..." The icon contains ALL windows compatible formats 256x256, 128x128, 96x96, 64x64, 32x32, 16x16, Full color and Monochrome all in the same file.
http://arkryal.googlepages.com/mc4.ico

Here's just a simple variation of the original icon (this is definitely not perfect, I only spent about 30 seconds on it) Very Happy
No changes from the original, just a higher res so you don't have to squint at it and see more than big-blocks of pixels.
New Logo for Media Companion Mc256x265 or New Logo for Media Companion Mc64 64x64
Here's the .ico
Used the auto-trace function on the original, so the curves in the letters leave much to be desired, but it's a bit better.

I was also inspired by Paybac's idea (He should get the credit here, I just repacked them). I've adapted his image as an icon set, but with the addition of different colors in the body of the icon so it will better fit with those who use themes. They include Alpha-mapped transparencies, so they may not display well on older systems. They look great in Windows 7 and Vista. Because there are 9 colors, and 16 sizes for each color, this library is a bit larger (2.2MB), but it includes them all.

New Logo for Media Companion MC_PaybacSample

Get the .icl Here Be warned, I'm using free hosting for the files, so it might take a couple of minutes. If you need an individual icon, PM me and I'll upload one.

Here's another simple one.
Splash Screen
New Logo for Media Companion Splash
Icon
New Logo for Media Companion New256x256 or New Logo for Media Companion New64
Get the ICO here
I know the edges are a bit rough (copying and pasting rasters) but the icon scales nicely.
Back to top Go down
Louike
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: New Logo for Media Companion   New Logo for Media Companion Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 1:09 pm

paybac wrote:

New Logo for Media Companion MC2

What u think?

The filmstrip is great! i like filmstrips :p
Back to top Go down
Envy
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: New Logo for Media Companion   New Logo for Media Companion Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 6:09 am

I DO like the type text, but the movie clipboard used in these logos is found in your standard clipart pack. Media Renamer which is one of three utilities I use (Ember, Media Companion, Media Renmaer) already uses this icon. They're not the same, but defiantly close enough to get a thumbs down from me.
New Logo for Media Companion 6075mediarenamer

Keep the text... but come up with an original logo that doesn't restrict or predisposition the software into one "type" of media (in this case movies). That allows for the logo to not be outdated once Media Companion does music.

damo wrote:
Plain Version:

Back to top Go down
shadeblack
New User
New User
shadeblack

PostSubject: Re: New Logo for Media Companion   New Logo for Media Companion Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 12:13 am

this is one i did. originally looked towards doing something similar to the original logo.

New Logo for Media Companion MC-trans

New Logo for Media Companion MC-small-trans
Back to top Go down
coolmanlr
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: New Logo for Media Companion   New Logo for Media Companion Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 12:08 pm

Deleted

Last edited by coolmanlr on Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
constructacon

PostSubject: Re: New Logo for Media Companion   New Logo for Media Companion Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 5:39 am

coolmanlr wrote:
New Logo for Media Companion Media-12

I like this one. Shiny!
Back to top Go down
chilli11
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: New Logo for Media Companion   New Logo for Media Companion Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 5:22 am

Here's my 20 minutes...
Back to top Go down
chilli11
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: New Logo for Media Companion   New Logo for Media Companion Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 5:25 am

Okay, it didn't upload my image

New Logo for Media Companion Media-companion
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Logo for Media Companion   New Logo for Media Companion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Logo for Media Companion
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next