Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Unable to edit IMDB number in "Editor" screen.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Yoshi_5
New User
New User

Unable to edit IMDB number in "Editor" screen. Empty
PostSubject: Unable to edit IMDB number in "Editor" screen.   Unable to edit IMDB number in "Editor" screen. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 7:46 pm

Hello,

Using the new Media Companion gen2 alpha, when in the editor screen the IMDB (tt######) number can't be over written or changed.

If a movie is scraped incorrectly I would manually change the IMDB number and then re-scrape.

Thank you so much for your hard work!

-Yoshi_5
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: Unable to edit IMDB number in "Editor" screen.   Unable to edit IMDB number in "Editor" screen. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 8:07 pm

Not so sure I would class this as a bug since that is the intended behaviour.

Since the many of MCs features are dependant on that ID, I don't really want people messing with it.

Can I ask how are you obtaining the correct IMDB ID, because if you use a browser then just go to the edit page and select 'Change Movie', this opens a browser that lets you manually choose the correct movie without leaving the program.

Yoshi_5
New User
New User

PostSubject: Thanks   Unable to edit IMDB number in "Editor" screen. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 8:20 pm

I apologize but I guess old habits are hard to break.

I had all along been using version 2.1.3.5 and I *was* able to change the IMDB number and then simply did a re-scrape and it would pull the correct movie information.

But since you have explained the change movie feature (which if it existed in 2.1.3.5, I was not aware), that is definitely a much better way of doing it! Smile

So I apologize for calling it out as a "bug", but something that used to work for me and no longer worked for me in my mind was a bug.

Please retract my bug post and again, thanks so much for your awesome Companion and your continued support and quick responses to folks like myself who just need a little guidance.

Have a great weekend!

-Yoshi_5
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unable to edit IMDB number in "Editor" screen.   Unable to edit IMDB number in "Editor" screen. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unable to edit IMDB number in "Editor" screen.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Media Companion :: Media Companion :: Bug Discussion-
Jump to: