Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

[G2 - 3.019] - .TBN should use existing folder.jpg

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Pr.Sinister

[G2 - 3.019] - .TBN should use existing folder.jpg Empty
PostSubject: [G2 - 3.019] - .TBN should use existing folder.jpg   [G2 - 3.019] - .TBN should use existing folder.jpg Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 1:18 am

Hi,

Love the new interface!

I have movies that i manually download the poster for and save as folder.jpg (DVDScreeners, R5,s, TeleSyncs, etc...)

I don't add these movies to the library but i like to have the poster show up in files mode.

Once i buy the original and rip it to the computer, i just delete the old files and update the movie folder with the
final DVD/Blu-ray rip and then i use MC to generate the nfo before moving the folder to one that is scanned by
XBMC for inclusion in the library.

When i do this, the .tbn that is created was scraped by MC and it isn't the same as the folder.jpg. So when i say
do not overwrite folder.jpg, it should use that folder.jpg to generate the moviename.tbn

Thanks for a great program!
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: [G2 - 3.019] - .TBN should use existing folder.jpg   [G2 - 3.019] - .TBN should use existing folder.jpg Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 11:23 pm

I'm wondering if the tbn is even needed if folder.jpg exists. I know that it works like that for movie.nfo.

Maybe you could test it for me. If MC library picks up the folder.jpg then I will add an option to not create the .tbn
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
Pr.Sinister

PostSubject: Re: [G2 - 3.019] - .TBN should use existing folder.jpg   [G2 - 3.019] - .TBN should use existing folder.jpg Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 6:32 am

billyad2000 wrote:
I'm wondering if the tbn is even needed if folder.jpg exists. I know that it works like that for movie.nfo.

Maybe you could test it for me. If MC library picks up the folder.jpg then I will add an option to not create the .tbn

Yes the .tbn is needed even if the folder.jpg is there. It is extremely useful in Files Mode (Non-Library) but is also used
by the VideoPlayer.

For example, when press info on a movie, i have it display $INFO[VideoPlayer.Cover] in the skin and it uses the .tbn

So basically, if there is a folder.jpg, just copy it and rename it to the moviefilename.tbn
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [G2 - 3.019] - .TBN should use existing folder.jpg   [G2 - 3.019] - .TBN should use existing folder.jpg Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[G2 - 3.019] - .TBN should use existing folder.jpg
Page 1 of 1