Thanks for your response, I have always copied all new versions of MC into thier own folders and just copied the settings file over when updating so I know I am running the latest version of all the dll's. Also I have tested this issue all the way back to the first gen2 beta and it still exists even that far back, so I guess I just hadn't noticed. I have even recently added another movie that is causing these problems Léon (1994) shows up as LÃ
on (1994) in my HTML output file.
So it seems that some movies with special characters are causing problems but ONLY when outputting as HTML, they all appear fine in the MC application movie list. I wonder if it is some kind of encoding issue with the HTML files not displaying the Unicode characters or something, I'm a bit stumped and hope you can help fix it.
Léon (1994) shows up as LÃ
on (1994) and has the french accent
Alien³ (1992) shows up as AlienÂ³ (1992) and has the superscript
WALL·E (2008) shows up as WALLÂ·E (2008) and has the dot
Also now in 3.079 a new problem has shown up in my HTML files, to further test my version I deleted everything and downloaded and extracted a fresh copy of 3.079 and did not copy over my settings file. I have 2 drives which hold my movies, so I readded them 1 at a time and generated an HTML file to see if it would fix my previous issue. Well it recreates the DB instantly as I re-added each drive individually, which was listed as a new feature in the new version, only now when I add the other drive and generate an HTML output file, it seems to alphabetize my list twice, once for each drive holding the movies. Here is another quick sample of the middle of my HTML output file:
Vicky Cristina Barcelona (2008)
Wedding Crashers (2005)
Yes Man (2008)Zack and Miri Make a Porno (2008)
12 Rounds (2009)
17 Again (2009)
2 Fast 2 Furious (2003)
A Bug's Life (1998)
A History of Violence (2005)
Alien: Resurrection (1997)
You can see where I bolded the list it goes from Z back to #, this is exactly where the list of movies on 1 drive ends and begins on the other. But as with everything else, if I look in the MC application, the list is fine and is sorted properly with all the proper names. The issues I am having only pertain to the HTML output file and how it looks, not how the application scrapes or display the names in it's own movie list. For this issue I reloaded version 3.039 and generated an HTML output file and it sorted the list properly with both drives, but of course the special characters issue was still present. I went back to 3.079 (again in its own folder with its own freshly created config file) and it reproduced this split drive issue which I can only assume must be related to the new rebuilding DB when adding new drive feature you just added.
I hope I don't sound like a pain, but I am not making this stuff up and can reproduce it constantly. I would be willing to upload any files or logs or whatever could help you to fix these issues cause my HTML output files and getting worse and worse it seems as time goes on and I like to send these list to people to pick movies to watch when they visit. Please let me know if there is any additional info/screenshots I could provide to help and again thanks for your time.