Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Duplicates Genre in v3.080 - Should ignore "home movies" etc

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
dbareis
dbareis

Duplicates Genre in v3.080 - Should ignore "home movies" etc Empty
PostSubject: Duplicates Genre in v3.080 - Should ignore "home movies" etc   Duplicates Genre in v3.080 - Should ignore "home movies" etc Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 3:33 am

Hi,

Thanks for adding it back, there is a minor issue with it, I believe it looks for identical IMDB ids? It should ignore movies with a blank ID (like home movies).

I just noticed another "feature" and that is for all other "genre" you can search with the entry fields (above and below) the listbox, for this you can't. I am struggling to work out the MATCHING duplicates in some cases.

Thanks,
Dennis

P.S. Your are working on the TV part now but I'll add a request to bring back actor search :-)
Back to top Go down
http://dennisbareis.com
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

Duplicates Genre in v3.080 - Should ignore "home movies" etc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duplicates Genre in v3.080 - Should ignore "home movies" etc   Duplicates Genre in v3.080 - Should ignore "home movies" etc Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 12:01 pm

I will add a check for a blank ID.

As for the filters, they don't work when the dupe check is used, it really should not be included in the filters but I wanted to have the list browseable unlike previous versions which just returned a text list.

TBH the filters need a bit of work, im just building myself up, the routines dealing with the filters are getting overly complex. It may be time to split and simplify.

As for finding dupes, they should be listed in pairs.

I will also look into adding the actor search, to be honest I forgot about it.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk

Duplicates Genre in v3.080 - Should ignore "home movies" etc
Page 1 of 1