Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Poster Browser: Save Big vs Save Small

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dbareis
dbareis

Poster Browser: Save Big vs Save Small Empty
PostSubject: Poster Browser: Save Big vs Save Small   Poster Browser: Save Big vs Save Small Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 12:39 pm

Hi ya,

Probably a stupid question but what do these buttons do (and why is there not a third "Save" option - thats the one I want)?

I have only once seen "Save Big" increase the resolution of an image (and why would I want to do this?) ONCE, as far as I know all other times it simply saved it. It would be nice if MC used tooltips for more informative stuff, like in this case saying what clicking the buttons would do (I assume this is image dependant).

Also the reason I'm there is MC seems to pick the biggest image available and I'm trying to reduce disk usage, so it would be nice if the browser showed the image size as well as resolution.

Thanks
Dennis
Back to top Go down
http://dennisbareis.com
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: Poster Browser: Save Big vs Save Small   Poster Browser: Save Big vs Save Small Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 12:58 pm

For TMDB and IMPA the posters are listed in the browser at medium resolution. Save small just saves this image, save large forces MC to download a HD image if such is available.

I think it would be a good idea to display the available resolution of the images, the problem is at the moment the only way to get the image is to actually download the image, and downloading every HD image from TMDB would not only take a long time, but would put an unneccssary load on the site.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
dbareis
dbareis

PostSubject: Re: Poster Browser: Save Big vs Save Small   Poster Browser: Save Big vs Save Small Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 1:49 pm

billyad2000 wrote:
For TMDB and IMPA the posters are listed in the browser at medium resolution. Save small just saves this image, save large forces MC to download a HD image if such is available.

I think it would be a good idea to display the available resolution of the images, the problem is at the moment the only way to get the image is to actually download the image, and downloading every HD image from TMDB would not only take a long time, but would put an unneccssary load on the site.

Thanks for that. When these buttons are displayed the resolution for each image is also, I think renaming "Save Small" to "Save" would be more accurate.

Bye,
Dennis
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: Poster Browser: Save Big vs Save Small   Poster Browser: Save Big vs Save Small Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 2:01 pm

It should be noted that when double clicking an image to zoom the highest resolution available is downloaded and displayed with the resolution.
Back to top Go down
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Poster Browser: Save Big vs Save Small   Poster Browser: Save Big vs Save Small Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 2:06 pm

One thing Billy i would like to see is an XBOX compatbility mode.....or even somewhere some sort of explanation as to what XBMC on the XBOX does to posters & fanart as I think previously you mentioned it has to resize everything when scraping even when using nfo's.

Do you know if it does the same thing witht he windows versions of XBMC since these are usually have a much higher resoilution for thier desktop.

Just a thought perhaps as a feature or even if some tooltips are used.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: Poster Browser: Save Big vs Save Small   Poster Browser: Save Big vs Save Small Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 2:12 pm

MC will already resize fanart to a smaller size since the XBox does not deal well with HD backdrops.

Posters do not need to be resized since XBMC already resizes the image.
Back to top Go down
dbareis
dbareis

PostSubject: Re: Poster Browser: Save Big vs Save Small   Poster Browser: Save Big vs Save Small Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 10:17 am

billyad2000 wrote:
It should be noted that when double clicking an image to zoom the highest resolution available is downloaded and displayed with the resolution.

In that case can I request a never use the internet option (or at least a leave everything alone option)?

It would also be nice to have a no "fanart" option so I don't have a large part of the display used (I have no fanart).

Bye,
Dennis

P.S. I thought double clicking the image showed it 1:1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poster Browser: Save Big vs Save Small   Poster Browser: Save Big vs Save Small Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Poster Browser: Save Big vs Save Small
Page 1 of 1