Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.
 
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 New Release Media Companion gen2 3.125

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
billyad2000
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1326
Join date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.125   Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:45 pm

New version 3.125

Changes


  • Bugfix - various regex problems fixed that could cause multipart episode nfos including x264
  • Bugfix - When an nfo was found using a stacked convention then a media search would create a new unstacked movie nfo and list both
  • Bugfix - Search for new episodes opened the fanart tab
  • Bugfix - TV fanart browser caused exception when no MOVIE is selected
  • Bugfix - <fileinfo> & <streamdetails> wrong way around

Added

  • Regex editor for tv episodes now works
  • Basic rename facility has been included for tv shows, at the moment it will only do a single season at a time
    There are 6 templates
    TV Show Title - S01E01 - Episode Title.ext
    S01E01 - Episode Title.ext
    TV Show Title - 1x01 - Episode Title.ext
    1x01 - Episode Title.ext
    TV Show Title - 101 - Episode Title.ext
    101 - Episode Title.ext
    The option to do this is located in the context menu for the season listing and will rename the episodefilename.nfo, episodefilename.xxx (media file), episodefilename.tbn and episodefilename.rar for subtitles
  • Regex support has been included for episodes using the convention 101, 102 etc. For multipart use 101x02x03 etc

Whats next

  • Adding a browser for TV Show posters, season posters, and episode screenshot capability.


Keep the bug reports coming, I intend to try and get another build uploaded tomorrow.

Download Version 3.125

Just overwrite the previous version, ( the config will remain compatible only if you are upgrading from version 3.xxx).

_________________
Do you have a problem with Media Companion, before posting a bug then please check you have the very latest version of Media Companion http://billyad2000.darkbb.com/announcements-f1/


Last edited by billyad2000 on Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://billyad2000.co.uk
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP


Posts : 556
Join date : 2008-10-08
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.125   Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:09 am

Thanks Billy I appreciate the efforts re the renaming option....works great!

I found a few minor issues...

1. If I select an episode & then select a different season from another show, the previous episode details are still shown....It seems like selecting a different Season from a different TV Show should be the same as selecting a different TV show except it should show the relavent season art.


2. If the episode name contains the ":" character, MC cannot rename it using that character. There is probably a listing somewhere of invalid characters so MC will have to account for those....
Example TV Show "Classic Albums" Season 4 Ep 1 "Def Lepard : Hysteria"
& Lost Season 2 Ep 21 "?"


Perhaps in the options section you can list the characters that need to be substituted, then users can change as they prefer...

3. Once a rename is done the current shown episode details are not refreshed (minor I know)

4. MC also crashes if the filename already exists...I had two episodes the same in a folder, but named differently, obviously when MC tried to rename them the first succeeded, but the second didn't. Theorectically I shouldn't have two of the same episode & in my case I deleted the one I didn't want, but MC still needs to handle this gracefully....

Cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
billyad2000
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1326
Join date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.125   Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:53 am

StormyKnight wrote:
Thanks Billy I appreciate the efforts re the renaming option....works great!

I found a few minor issues...

1. If I select an episode & then select a different season from another show, the previous episode details are still shown....It seems like selecting a different Season from a different TV Show should be the same as selecting a different TV show except it should show the relavent season art.


2. If the episode name contains the ":" character, MC cannot rename it using that character. There is probably a listing somewhere of invalid characters so MC will have to account for those....
Example TV Show "Classic Albums" Season 4 Ep 1 "Def Lepard : Hysteria"
& Lost Season 2 Ep 21 "?"


Perhaps in the options section you can list the characters that need to be substituted, then users can change as they prefer...

3. Once a rename is done the current shown episode details are not refreshed (minor I know)

4. MC also crashes if the filename already exists...I had two episodes the same in a folder, but named differently, obviously when MC tried to rename them the first succeeded, but the second didn't. Theorectically I shouldn't have two of the same episode & in my case I deleted the one I didn't want, but MC still needs to handle this gracefully....

Cheers
1) Can't duplicate this, or I am misunderstanding you, When I check a season, if the episode or show I am looking at is from a different show then the tvshow.nfo for the new season is loaded.

2)Will fix for next build, for the moment I will probably just strip illegal chrs, although I will flesh this option out in the future.

3)Will fix for next build

4)Not 100% sure how to deal with this, I will probably just handle the exception.

There will be another build uploaded later today with these fixes.

_________________
Do you have a problem with Media Companion, before posting a bug then please check you have the very latest version of Media Companion http://billyad2000.darkbb.com/announcements-f1/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://billyad2000.co.uk
AnthonyB
Senior Member
Senior Member


Posts : 122
Join date : 2008-11-08
Location : Sydney, Australia

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.125   Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:15 am

Whenever I select an actor from the list I get the error below.
I *do* have "Enable Save Actor Actor Thumbs" disabled in Preferences -> Scraper -> General Scraper.
There is no 'Resources' sub-director in my MC folder which would account for the "\Resources\default_actor.jpg" not being found.


See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Old PC backup\Storage_old\Xbox\Media Companion gen2\Resources\default_actor.jpg'.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize)
at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path)
at System.Windows.Forms.PictureBox.Load()
at System.Windows.Forms.PictureBox.set_ImageLocation(String value)
at Media_Companion.Form1.actorcb_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)


************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Media Companion
Assembly Version: 3.1.2.5
Win32 Version: 3.1.2.5
CodeBase: file:///C:/Old%20PC%20backup/Storage_old/Xbox/Media%20Companion%20gen2/Media%20Companion.exe
----------------------------------------
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
----------------------------------------
System
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Windows.Forms
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Drawing
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Runtime.Remoting
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Xml
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
----------------------------------------
imdb
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Old%20PC%20backup/Storage_old/Xbox/Media%20Companion%20gen2/imdb.DLL
----------------------------------------
IMPA
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Old%20PC%20backup/Storage_old/Xbox/Media%20Companion%20gen2/IMPA.DLL
----------------------------------------
tmdb_posters
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Old%20PC%20backup/Storage_old/Xbox/Media%20Companion%20gen2/tmdb_posters.DLL
----------------------------------------
class_mpdb_thumbs
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Old%20PC%20backup/Storage_old/Xbox/Media%20Companion%20gen2/class_mpdb_thumbs.DLL
----------------------------------------
imdb_thumbs
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Old%20PC%20backup/Storage_old/Xbox/Media%20Companion%20gen2/imdb_thumbs.DLL
----------------------------------------
System.Configuration
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
----------------------------------------

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
billyad2000
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1326
Join date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.125   Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:50 am

AnthonyB wrote:
Whenever I select an actor from the list I get the error below.
I *do* have "Enable Save Actor Actor Thumbs" disabled in Preferences -> Scraper -> General Scraper.
There is no 'Resources' sub-director in my MC folder which would account for the "\Resources\default_actor.jpg" not being found.

Scratch that, That directory ande file is part of the Media Companion download,

When you extracted the archive you should have extracted that directory, and contents to the Media Companion folder.

It is best to extract the whole contents of the downloaded archive to the Media Companion folder, new additions are continuously been made, as well as dll libraries being updated.

_________________
Do you have a problem with Media Companion, before posting a bug then please check you have the very latest version of Media Companion http://billyad2000.darkbb.com/announcements-f1/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://billyad2000.co.uk
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP


Posts : 556
Join date : 2008-10-08
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.125   Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:11 am

Ok Billy, it doesn't seem to show unless you first "expand all" - thats what I did to go thru & rename all my TV shows...

& sorry my discription of the fault was not 100% correct either...

OK so expand all
Select last episode of say season 01
that episode details are shown in the right pane....

The select season 02, the episode details remain of the previous episode..



Also with regards to the renaming, how will you handle Lost Season 02 Ep 21 which has a full title of "?"



& I have found another issue, perhaps not MC fault... If I try to rescape "House" via TV Show Selector it seems to stall - It could be because when you do the same search on TVDB you get a large number of hits....

& one other.....also in the TV Show Selector, I can't seem to find a way to set download poster as default I keep having to change it from banner & I can't find a setting in the preferences...

Cheers & Thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
billyad2000
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1326
Join date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.125   Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:32 pm

StormyKnight wrote:
Ok Billy, it doesn't seem to show unless you first "expand all" - thats what I did to go thru & rename all my TV shows...

& sorry my discription of the fault was not 100% correct either...

OK so expand all
Select last episode of say season 01
that episode details are shown in the right pane....

The select season 02, the episode details remain of the previous episode..



Also with regards to the renaming, how will you handle Lost Season 02 Ep 21 which has a full title of "?"



& I have found another issue, perhaps not MC fault... If I try to rescape "House" via TV Show Selector it seems to stall - It could be because when you do the same search on TVDB you get a large number of hits....

& one other.....also in the TV Show Selector, I can't seem to find a way to set download poster as default I keep having to change it from banner & I can't find a setting in the preferences...

Cheers & Thanks.

OK - see what you mean about the episode to series, it is doing what it's supposed to, not sure that from episode to season of the same show warrants the loading of the tvshow details.

As regards the naming, for such titles I will just omit the title, not sure how else to address it, I am open to suggestions.

regarding "House", there is an xml error in the tvdb that is stopping the xml list being parsed,
I've reported it on the tvdb forum http://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1946, not sure what else I can do about it.

_________________
Do you have a problem with Media Companion, before posting a bug then please check you have the very latest version of Media Companion http://billyad2000.darkbb.com/announcements-f1/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://billyad2000.co.uk
billyad2000
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1326
Join date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.125   Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:41 pm

StormyKnight wrote:
I have found another issue, perhaps not MC fault... If I try to rescape "House" via TV Show Selector it seems to stall - It could be because when you do the same search on TVDB you get a large number of hits....

The issue causing this seems to have been fixed by the good folks at TVDB.

_________________
Do you have a problem with Media Companion, before posting a bug then please check you have the very latest version of Media Companion http://billyad2000.darkbb.com/announcements-f1/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://billyad2000.co.uk
AnthonyB
Senior Member
Senior Member


Posts : 122
Join date : 2008-11-08
Location : Sydney, Australia

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.125   Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:30 am

billyad2000 wrote:
AnthonyB wrote:
Whenever I select an actor from the list I get the error below.
I *do* have "Enable Save Actor Actor Thumbs" disabled in Preferences -> Scraper -> General Scraper.
There is no 'Resources' sub-director in my MC folder which would account for the "\Resources\default_actor.jpg" not being found.

Scratch that, That directory ande file is part of the Media Companion download,

When you extracted the archive you should have extracted that directory, and contents to the Media Companion folder.

It is best to extract the whole contents of the downloaded archive to the Media Companion folder, new additions are continuously been made, as well as dll libraries being updated.

Apologies. Looks like latest version of WinZip is doing some very funky stuff on my machine and didn't show the Resources folder in the archive when I extracted. Back to WinRAR... All good now Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Acheson63
Senior Member
Senior Member


Posts : 81
Join date : 2011-05-16

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.125   Wed May 18, 2011 5:47 am

Superior quality and cultivated designs are what Windsor Fashion offers. Providing a diverse selection of 2010 prom dresses along with our affordable 2010 prom dresses under $200. it is their belief that their buyers know what they are shopping for when it come to prom 2010 and prom night. Windsor also offers celebrity inspired 2010 prom dresses at a fraction of the price!
Windsor Fashion also offers an inexpensive line of 2010 prom dress under $200 as their younger clientele rapidly approaches the most important event of their young lives. Windsor Fashion offers an all-inclusive website that allows you to see angles, lengths and color options. At Windsor it is all about dressing up for prom night and they want to be your only source for special occasion dresses and 2010 prom dresses. Having the perfect prom dress ensures that you will have a great time at your prom night and it becomes even better when you don't spend an arm and a leg for it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.125   

Back to top Go down
 
New Release Media Companion gen2 3.125
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Slow release pain medication not interfering with triptans...
» Watermelon Studios Aims For A January 2nd Release of Pier Solar: HD For The Wii U eshop!
» Lawyers warn social media over Mikaeel case
» Social Media Makeover!
» [ANSWERED] Media Creation Tool

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Media Companion :: Media Companion :: Announcements-
Jump to: